Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic BBQ Sauce 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic BBQ Sauce 101

I must have just become a teenager when I learned this one. It's what I consider the most basic BBQ sauce possible, but it provides a good base to experiment with.

Take equal parts of melted butter, worcestershire sauce and ketchup and mix together over a low flame.

That's it. My dad would use that on almost everything.

Once I was on my own I started experimenting with adding some brown sugar, red pepper, and other spices. It's been quite a while since I've used that for most meats since I usually make a sauce from the drippings now. But I break that base out now and again, usually on chicken like I did tonight. I added a touch of honey for sweet and Old Bay for heat to it.

It's a good, solid base sauce to start with. Have fun with it!

interesting, the use of so much Worch. doesn't make it overpowered with flavor? I like to experiment culinary wise so I will try it and report back.

Comment

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it does tend to be strong, so you might want to cut back on it and use some vinegar (apple cider or malt) instead to get that "tang" that is needed.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here