Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ sauces - am I OCD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ sauces - am I OCD?

I just counted, I have 13 bottles of bbq sauces in the fridge. If I see something interesting in the store, I pick it up. None of them are a year old, I do use them. I seem to replace them though, as in another post about equilibrium, although that one was about beer. No problem, right? Add those to the number of mustards and hot sauces and others and I have a space problem. The sauces don't intrude on space for beer, btw.
    Last edited by Mark V; May 29, 2021, 05:01 PM.

Only 13?????

I think yer Golden, thus far, Amigo...

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

So you think you’re special? I have enough sauce in my pantry to last a couple years. In fact, there is on in particular from when I lived in NC I but two cases of 12 bottles at a time. Never too much sauce in stock in my opinion.

Comment

• Dalmore
      Dalmore commented
      Editing a comment
      As a NC native, I must know - what is the particular NC sauce you've stockpiled?

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dalmore Bobbee O’s BBQ in Charlotte. My all time fave. As Bobbee says: "Sweet with a little heat". It’s so, so good.

Never….ever….call me weird again. Y’all are full fledged wacko.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought you only didn't like being called late to dinner. So we need to add "Weird" to that list?

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry but I can not comply with that request! It is beyond reasonable!

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure. And stop breathing, and don’t drink, and stop Q’ing, and stop….what was it you asked for again?

I don't have 13 bbq sauces but I probably have 13 various sauces I've made kicking around in there including a bbq sauce or 2.
    Last edited by Attjack; May 29, 2021, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I do not have alot of different sauces. I have alot of a few...

Comment

I have zero.... hmm.. although, I am thinking of making Alabama white sauce today for the very first time.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 30, 2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Can’t l recall the last time I purchased a BBQ sauce. We always just make them.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          If I ever get into sauces, that will likely be the route I would go.

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Richard Chrz Start with Meathead’s KC sauce. Then you can riff on it to make it your own. You’ll never go back.

Most sauces are some combination of ketchup, acid, and sugar. The permutations are endless from there.

If you like a vinegar based sauce, this one is really good! I first saw this years ago in the newspaper column, Hints From Heloise. It was her mother’s recipe, the original Heloise, that she got while on vacation in Jamaica. She just called it Jamaican BBQ Sauce. Just mix all the ingredients in a jar and shake it up.
        Attached Files

Comment

All you sauce addicts - have you tried my Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce? http://blackswancompany.com/

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll Definitely vouch fer Max's sauces, especially my favouritest, th Beso del Fuego...

I could jus sit an drink that Sweet Stuff by th gallon...

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks guys!!

• Mark V
            Mark V commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, ordered three. Also got Trader Joes pineapple. So, up to 18.

Amazon only has the 3-variety pack. Ordered one to try.
          Last edited by BBQPhil; May 31, 2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Here’s Max’s Sampler pack. The Sweet Cognac is excellent also. I haven’t tried the Original yet.
            Attached Files

Comment

Amazon is currently out of some single flavors of Black Swan. We'll fix that ASAP. Meanwhile single bottles are available through The Kansas City BBQ Store.
              Last edited by Max Good; June 2, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• BBQPhil
                BBQPhil commented
                Editing a comment
                Tried them but shipping cost was $21 to $290 for 2 btls. Ordered a 3 variety pack from Amazon.

• Max Good
                Max Good commented
                Editing a comment
                BBQPhil I appreciate you trying Black Swan. Hope you enjoy all three!

Whenever I get too many bottles of sauce, I get a big bottle or mason jar and mix them all together. It’s never bad, and sometimes it’s really good.

Comment

• BBQPhil
                BBQPhil commented
                Editing a comment
                Just arrived from Amazon this hour and really well packed. Finger-tasted each and they are outstanding - much more complex than my usuals (Bone Sucking and Trader Joe's). Looking forward to using them on some ribs this weekend.
                Last edited by BBQPhil; June 2, 2021, 04:57 PM.

Not so much on sauce. Usually keep one on standby just in case. Varies. Right now it’s Stubbs Original.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Good call, especial if yer gonna have jus one, Brother

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here