Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite thing *to cook*?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My absolute favorite thing to cook on the grill/bbq/smoker/fire is beans, actually. There’s lots of things that come really close. But the smoky flavor of beans cooked over live fire trumps just about anything else out there, in my opinion. And it’s just fun. Plus people are in awe when you pull the pot o’beans out from the bottom of the cooker where it’s been sitting for 4 hours underneath whatever meat you’re cooking.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Red Man I also think turkey and gravy done on the smoker is pretty close to top of my list.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yet another vote from th Bean camp!

Lemme count th ways lol

Turkey an gravy does sound dang dang good, though, now that ya mention it, Brother!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones if I didn’t love beans so much, turkey and gravy on the smoker would be my top vote!

I’m the chief chef and bottle washer at home. I grill, roast, sauté, stir fry, you name it. But the dishes I enjoy making the most, mostly due to the prep and step-by-step construction, is Chili, Gumbo, Thai BBQ Chicken and chicken/pork/beef brown stock.

I just turn on the music in the kitchen, crack a beer and step into my element.

Comment

Steak! I can cook it so many ways it’s just fun. Front sear, reverse sear, hot n fast, Sous Vide, pellet grill, charcoal grill, and during an Iowa blizzard even on the George Foreman. The only way I never seem to cook it is under the oven broiler and not because there’s anything wrong with it, it’s just how almost every single steak at home was cooked when I was growing up. Same reason I haven’t eaten a boiled potato in 10-15 years.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you on both the broiled steak method and the boiled potatoes. So over that. Mom wasn't much of a cook, and the steaks were always tough and dry. I give her props for trying, though. Cooking is wearysome if you hate doing it.

I love my tri-tip but honestly, my favorite thing to cook is anything new introduced to me here in the Pit. I will see someone's recipe and will try to replicate it. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't. I will get on a kick after seeing a cook and will try to make it my own. Sometimes it takes a number of attempts, other times I nail it right away.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I do love trying all the stuff I find on here. This is one of my greatest sources of inspiration, for sure!

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        +1, ecowper

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd also agree with your comment. I mean I love cooking brisket and ribs, but I do get a huge amount of satisfaction from trying something new (researching the recipe, meat, cooking tips etc.) and seeing if I can nail it on the first attempt, or take some lessons for next time.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here