Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite thing *to cook*?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite thing *to cook*?

Hey all,

Two nights ago I make chicken fajitas on the grill. This is not my favorite thing in the BBQ/smoke/grill to eat, but it is such a fun cook. It's simple, straightforward....and -- probably the reason it is fun -- is that it is relatively interactive.

I love flipping the chicken, getting that char, messing with the vegetables, and mixing it all together.

Pork butt, for example, by comparison, is almost a "set-it-and-forget-it" type of thing.

What is your favorite thing *to cook* outdoors?

Meat.
    Love fast grilling as much as I love low and slow cooks.
    It all depends on the situation and time that I have.

Comment

Pretty much everything I cook on the griddle, it's just fun to cook on. I also really enjoy trying to incorporate outdoor cooking into things that aren't normally done that way, especially if it's over live fire or charcoal.

Comment

Steak fajitas or fried rice. I cook both on a jet burner and wok(s). Steak is cast iron pan, but might switch to wok too.

Comment

FOOD!!!

Do I win???

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey. Did you just one up on me?? 😂😂😁😁

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, Brother! Team Win!!! lol

Steve B

Ribs. Specifically baby back pork ribs. Love them every time. To me that’s Q

Comment

Brisket. It too is a long relatively hands-off, low action cook, but I love it best.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Th rewards are certainly worth it...

Whatever SWMBO wants.

(How I am the first one to post this?)

Comment

Steak (porterhouse, tenderloin/filet, tri-tip), brisket done right, all pork products, chicken, shrimp, scallops, crab, oysters, turkey, and anything wrapped in bacon. Rabbit, moose and squirrel, 'gator, lizard. Bologna. Marshmallow Peeps, candy bars, Cheezits, and crackers. Cheese, fish, sausage, brats, and anything else that needs warming up. Macaroni and cheese, baked beans, mashed potatoes and water (liquid smoke). I think if our clothes dryer went out I'd use the cooker to dry our clothes.

My dog loves me because I taste like BBQ.

Comment

Steak - I love flippin' frequently and watching the meat brown. Moving each piece around so that I get an even brown is fun. Watchin' the thermo so I can pull it at the exact temp I want and then cutting into it and seeing no grey at all makes my day. Of course, this time of year standing next to a hot grill when it's 90° + does take the edge off the fun...

Comment

All types of beef! Brisket, short ribs, chuck, tri tip, flank, skirt, flap, ribeye, strip...can’t go wrong with beef!

Comment

Dead Heat Tie betwixt butts, an chuckies...so effakin dang dang GOOD, an theys like eleventeen gazillion ways to both do em, an use em up...

Started rollin out my Top Ten, but th OP done said "Favourite"

Another Day, right?
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 6, 2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Pork belly is my favorite to cook but it really doesn’t matter what it is as long as I get to cook for friends and family.

Comment

Beef short rib plate (aka Dino ribs). Love cooking them but love eating them even more.

Comment

I may have been too premature on this post, myself!

Tomorrow I am planning to smoke-roast top round, which is a decently short smoke. And I just plan on watching it!

Love this hobby!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here