Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt on ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt on ribs

Sorry for the noob question, but when you dry brine your ribs overnight do you cover them/wrap in foil or do you leave them uncovered? thx in advance.

If i dry brine, which i dont always do with ribs, i leave uncovered on a rack in the fridge overnight. I only wrap if its something that the brine is going longer than 24 hours (def not ribs) and in that case i use plastic wrap.

edit: also just noticed that this was post number 1...so welcome!!
    Last edited by grantgallagher; July 17, 2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Agree with Grant above, and welcome!!

Comment

I always put my ribs in a foil pan when I dry brine.
        Sometimes I cover with foil. Sometimes I don't. It doesn't seem to make a difference to the ribs

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

I leave them uncovered on a cookie sheet in the ‘fridge.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

I don’t typically cover things when dry brining.

Also, Welcome from California!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I don't really know if it's necessary, but I wrap in plastic wrap for overnight ribs.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                  My rib rub has salt. I put this on first thing the day of the cook. I put back in fridge covered until ready to hang.

Comment

If they’re Baby’s or Spares go easy on the salt, as in very. I just let em sit naked.

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida! You need never apologize for asking any question here. Every one of us started out not knowing what we were doing at some point, and that's what is fantastic about this place. Even the masters among us are trying new things and need to draw from the collective wisdom and encouragement of The Pit. Really glad you are here, and ask all the questions you want

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome, I left them uncovered and they were great, thanks from Scotland.

Comment

Cookie sheet with loose plastic wrap over for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here