Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Scrubber For Traeger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Here comes Th Silverton"... LOL!
    Yeah, I know I'm both old, an very Weird.

Comment

• dubob
      dubob commented
      Editing a comment
      The hell you say! 😁

• zzdocxx
      zzdocxx commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewey "Pigmeat" Markham:

Hmmm any way to embed this ?
      Yup, jus become a Master at BBCODE LOL.

actual example + square bracket Uncle Roger Lima=httrp(S) baleh de blah wtf ever] link ya was wantin to post[/Unruly Roger Loses.]
      Try it out. pm me if ya git stumped.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 4, 2020, 10:24 PM.

Originally posted by IowaGirl View Post
    I used to work in a wastewater treatment plant where we also ran an incinerator, so I'm a bit familiar with odor problems.

I honestly doubt a shop vac or cyclone separator can effectively remove smoke smell, unless you get a system that's able to remove gases as well as extremely small particulates. Smoke particles that are visible are around 10 microns or larger, but smoke is also composed of much smaller particles invisible to the eye as well as gases. They all can have an odor and the gases and really small particulates are tough to remove.

A water scrubber is probably going to be more effective than a vac or cyclone. Another possibility is simple dilution and redirection of the smoke leaving your cooker. You want to drive the smoke upward and dilute it -- that might work well enough to minimize the odor near ground level where people's noses are. That's the reason why power plants that burn coal have these hugely tall smokestacks.

Use a large shop fan blowing clean air and direct the flow upwards at the smoke from the cooker. The airflow from the fan will dilute the smoke and the force of the airflow will drive the smoke higher up. Both things will reduce the chance of odor issues nearer ground level. Be careful the airflow from the fan isn't creating suction near the smokestack, however, because that will change the airflow through the cooker.
    Hope this is the right pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      MacGyver-ing at its best! Did it work as well as you hoped it would?

• zzdocxx
      zzdocxx commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes indeed it worked great ! There's a big umbrella tree back there that partially overhangs. Next time I'll bring the grill a bit more out from under so the smoke doesn't hang up in the tree.

Fantastic and simple solution. I shot a few seconds of video but unable to post vid here, far as I can see.

haha, there is the new Silverton, assembled with the cover on, in the background. I will need to spend some time seasoning and then wrangling with the wifire setup.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here