Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reheat Wibs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold ribs are like cold pizza -- not my thing. Hubby doesn't mind, but I do.

When microwaving leftovers like ribs, chicken, and other foods that you can't stir, I've learned I get better results with a gradual warm-up -- heat for a short time, let rest a minute or so, rearrange food if I can, heat a bit longer, rest, repeat. This reduces the chance the ends will get too hot and dry out while the middle is still cool or just barely warm.

Another thing is to wrap foods like ribs and dogs in a damp paper towel before microwaving.

I also will steam ribs over (not in) simmering water. This works nicely especially when I need to reheat more than just a couple-three pieces. When the surface of the ribs has gone from damp from condensation to mostly dry, the ribs are warm enough. This is similar to the crutch method others have mentioned already.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t like cold pizza? Neither does my wife. Personally, cold pizza or wibs alternating could be my breakfast at least fer 3 years.

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Good fer yew, FireMan! You 'n my hubby would get along pretty fine. He puts grape jelly in his chili though. Maybe that's where you two would part company with your eating preferences?

I like reheating them in the oven verses the microwave, but like different cooking methods that produce great results they are both good.
    Last edited by LA Pork Butt; May 22, 2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Well there ya have it! Or as Burger King used to say "Have it your way"
      votes:
      5.5 microwave
      4 oven
      2 sveed
      1.5 lost souls eat em cold
      edit:
      and half a vote for steamin’em
      Last edited by smokenoob; May 21, 2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        This thing smells of a serious riggin.

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan Well we did count your vote, so it must be wigged!

If you are worried about overheating in the microwave, just use a reduced power setting.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        I reheat in the wave at 50% power. Allows the meat to heat evenly from outside to the bone.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Or do less seconds. I drive my wife nuts when I nuke somethin fer 27 seconds & leave 3 on the MW.

All right, the wib weheat wesults are in
      Wrapped, hydrated, ovened 20 minutes versus microvaved 90 seconds at 50% power with hydration..,,,,

both judges agreed without a doubt:
      drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
      microwave by at least 3 wave lengths!
      no doubts, second thoughts, or riggins
      microwave is the undisputed winner!
      (the microwaved wib is on the right in the pic)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by smokenoob; May 21, 2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Clear visual evidence, yessir.

Funny that such a simple question (yeah, right) could culminate in so much humor

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        DesertRaider This did start out as a serious question but then went the way of most of my pursuits ......... a glass of wine and laughter.

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        smokenoob Some of the comments could land in the Jokes section!

I am going to be the odd ball. I vacuum seal most all leftovers. Then I just drop the sealed pack in boiling water. This method works best for me.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait a minute, are you suggesting boiling ribs? ;-)

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        No...but I do warm them in the sealed bag.

Microwave if they make it there without my eating them in the short transit from the fridge to the science oven. Cold ribs are my kind of popsicle.

Kathryn

Comment

fzxdoc hmmmmmmm, maybe you are on to a new desert theme there, cold wib pops!

or rum glazed wibs foster on those special nights!

Comment

I always use a microwave. I think the key to it is to bump down the power setting. A lot of people only run their microwave's at 100%. I rarely run mine about 50-60% power. Takes a little longer, but I never get that funky "microwave cooking" taste.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here