Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite dish made from leftovers of a different dish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite dish made from leftovers of a different dish?

I sometimes like using leftovers from one dish to make a new dish. Today I made cheese steak sandwiches from leftover mushroom steaks. When we have roast beef we sometimes get a twofer by grinding the roast and making beef salad sandwiches and the mashed potatoes become potato cakes. Unless of course there's enough gravy to finish off the potatoes.

Since we no longer have a teenage boy in the house there is actually leftovers to work with from most meals these days. Let me know your favorites. I could use some new ideas for leftovers.

Pastrami sammiches...wait, does that count as leftovers?

Comment

Brisket chili. Great way to use up any leftover bits and pieces. I will usually cook a briskets a couple pounds larger than I need just so I have enough for the chili.

Comment

Double smoked spiral cut ham for Easter (Sunday, Monday). Ham and Provolone on rye sandwiches (Wed and Thurs ). Ham and cheese omelet (Sat morning ) and Hambone soup w/ beans ( Sun and maybe Mon ). Will freeze leftovers with food saver and save for the travel trailer this summer, providing they open up travel to us. Please all be safe.

Comment

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          We grind into ham salad also. I do love ham salad.

Chicken pot-pie made from leftover rotisserie chicken. (or just about anything else made from those leftovers...)

Comment

Tetrazzini from left over turkey

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            58limited I sometimes sub tuna for the turkey 👍 Not leftovers but good anyway

We love Posole with leftover pulled pork. Pork, chicken broth, hominy, chopped green chiles, Rotel, onion, cumin, S & P. Tasty stuff!

Comment

Meatloaf sammies,,,,,made from the nite before MEATLOAF 🤣😂👍👍👍

Comment

Beef pot pie from left over pot roast and my wife makes a killer chicken noodle soup from rotisserie chicken.

Comment

Take anything left over, put it in a tortilla, add black beans, a little sauce and whatever else you have, and heat.

Comment

• TripleB
                  TripleB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yeah!! Just the other night we did tacos with left over tri-tip, tomahawk ribeye and BBQ spareribs. One of the best meals we've had in awhile. Everything was devoured.

As I type right now I am heating it up in the microwave here at work for my lunch.

Smoked Chicken Creamed Sandwiches.

I cooked / smoked two smallish whole chickens that I cut up on my Weber Kettle yesterday

Shredded Smoked Chicken
                1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
                A big ole dollop of Sour Cream
                A bit of water
                Pulverized Lays regular Potato Chips

Serve on Nickles Honey Round Hamburger Rolls

Comment

Pulled pork nachos using a queso recipe for the cheese. next up at some point in this stay-home will be a Tot-chos version.

Comment

Beef barley soup made from leftover rib roast and gravy :-)

Comment

We do a lot of left overs. One of my favorites, though we don't get to do it very often, is beef stroganoff with left over tri-tip. Leftover TT usually gets made into tacos.

Comment

In the winter anything left over potpie. In the summer anything leftover is ground and made into spread.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here