Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surviving the Corona Virus - BBQ Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestDawg View Post
    Here is a link so you can maybe get a laugh or a smile apart from the tragedy that we are all dealing with at this time. https://youtu.be/8pktFhmMY2Y[/VIDEO]
    Bubba Dawg; that was priceless.

Love ya man. My only regret is I couldn't join you to eat that 'bad to the bone' pulled pork.

Comment

I did my first ever whole chicken yesterday. I looked at several Internet recipes on how to do this and ended up KISS. I set the pellet grill for LO SMOKE (160*F) and put the rubbed chicken on a Camp Chef TURKEY CANNON INFUSION ROASTER. I didn't put any liquid in the tube. That was placed on a cookie sheet and then on the grill. I added the smoke tube as well. After 2 hours at LO SMOKE, I bumped the temp up to 350*F to bring the internal temp up to 165*F. That only took about 45 minutes to achieve. Sorry, no pictures on this one.

We finished off both legs and wings for dinner last night and we'll do a huge chicken salad tonight using the breast meat. The meat was done to perfection; melt in your mouth tender and very juicy. Every bit as good as any store cooked bird and at less cost. We will definitely be doing this more often. Now I'll be looking at chicken sale adds for whole chickens as well as pieces parts. Life could be better - but it ain't bad.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the technique you used. Lower temps for more smoke flavor (the hotter the pellets burn the less smoke they produce) and then crank the heat to crisp the skin and develop some color.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here