Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do yall freeze leftovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Might want to give this thread a read in case you missed it:https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...vacuum-sealers

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the VP215 or chambers you might have.

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory Further, I have no problem with people having $100 sealers, or how much or little they use them. If it works for them, it makes sense. You won't hear me condescendingly put down others as nonsensical because they don't have a sealer like mine. Really, if I were to I would consider myself a jerk.

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    "Don't assume your opinion is somehow fact or that you speak for most people" Perhaps you should stand in front of a mirror and make that statement. I share my experiences and what has worked for me, then expect others will make their decisions based on their needs and budget. Whereas you arrogantly assume your use and budget is typical and anything outside of it doesn't make sense. My recommendation to the OP was made at post 16.2 which neither recommends a type of sealer or price range.

• Red Man
    replied
    My $100 vac sealer that I’ve had for one year is starting to act up. I’m considering a chamber sealer because if I have to pay $100 a year, it’d be cheaper just to buy a chamber sealer.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    More to the point, a $400+ sealer is probably overkill for someone who doesn't use one at all right now unless there's some other use they'd have for it. So, for OP, I tend to recommend something in the $100 range and, if they like it and find they're more like you than me, they can move up. If you have a problem with that, well, that's your issue.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Are you... trying to be a jerk ComfortablyNumb? Because if not... you might want to edit that comment.

I've always said they are too expensive for most people because most people aren't like you, someone who has already gone through a thousand bags. Don't assume your opinion is somehow fact or that you speak for most people. You don't. Neither do I... but I'd bet my use is closer to typical than yours.

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory Oh good, you got the point. In just about every thread on vacuum sealers you say chambers are too expensive and don't make sense. I'm glad you now realise not everyone has the same experience as you and chambers can make sense. As for the high use, it comes with the machine. With the ease of use, and the low cost of the bags, I seal much more than I would with a suction. Such as non-food items, items to just keep in the refrigerator, etc.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Of COURSE it's me. And your experience is yours. Duh..

"As for bags, I'm already ordering my second case of 1000... I also wanted something that would work all day without overheating and having to stop to let it cool down."

That's the difference. You use the thing a LOT and for someone like you, yeah, it's worth it. Realize, though, that you're almost certainly the high use end of the curve.

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
    The issue for me with the vacmaster chamber sealers is that they start at $400 and go up. You have to use a LOT of bags for that to pay off, or even make sense.
    Well that's you. Myself, I wanted something that lasts, the VM is commercial quality. I also wanted something more user friendly. I put the bag in the chamber, close the lid, and the machine takes over while I prepare the next bag, unlike the suction sealers with 'press and hold'. I also wanted something that would work all day without overheating and having to stop to let it cool down. I also wanted to bag liquids and powders. As for bags, I'm already ordering my second case of 1000. Finally, I can afford one, so for me, the VM chamber sealer made sense.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    The issue for me with the vacmaster chamber sealers is that they start at $400 and go up. You have to use a LOT of bags for that to pay off, or even make sense.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Vac sealer is a good investment. I use mine quite often.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    I also use mine almost daily to cook most veggies. Seal them with some butter and microwave until the bag almost bursts. Usually 90 seconds. They come out great. This method was invented by Michael Voltaggio.

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Not just freezer, I use them in the refrigerator as well, no smells, no leaks. Portions can be taken out and remainder sealed again. Mine gets used daily. As for cost, my wife initially complained, but once it got here it's her favourite kitchen tool now.

• mgaretz
    replied
    +1 on the chamber vac. Big up front investment but the bags are cheaper than baggies. So everything going into the freezer gets vacuum sealed. And the vacuum is so much better that food lasts much longer in the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    I have the VacMaster VP215, price has gone up since I got mine at Webstaurantstore. But they do have another 'brand' that is very similar, so similar it makes you wonder https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vac...86VMC10OP.html Both have oil pumps, run cooler. Can do liquids, powders, and mason jars. Bags are cheaper than suction types. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here