Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do yall freeze leftovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Vacuum sealer is the best. Otherwise you want a layer of aluminum foil sealed really tight and well and a freezer bag over that with as much air squeezed out as possible. You need both to control drying and scent seepage.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    I have a chamber vacuum sealer, so I use that. If I didn't, I use the ziplock freezer bags and squeeze as much air out as possible. I'd do serving portions and put all the bags in one large ziplock bag.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    started a topic How do yall freeze leftovers?

How do yall freeze leftovers?

So tomorrow I'm doing a pork butt, but at eight pounds that is going to produce a lot of (really awesome!) food. The last time I did this, I didn't think things through and dumped most of the leftovers into a rubbermaid tub and put it in the freezer. Well, it suffered from freezer burn and, as it was frozen, it was hard to break it apart into individual portions to defrost.

I'll put enough of the pork aside for the obligatory next day tacos and pizza (perhaps even pulled pork spaghetti), but I will still have a lot leftover for freezing.

Had do yall freeze your leftovers? Sandwhich-sized freezer bags? Freezer paper?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here