Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry brine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry brine

What are people doing for their dry brine time frames for pork shoulder and brisket? 12 hours? 24? 48?

How much salt per pound?

Do you wrap in plastics/vacuum seal or let exposed to air?

I'm cooking for 20 Saturday. I have pork shoulder, brisket,(just a 3.5 lb flat) and two chickens. I'm going to be rocking the PBC and weber 22.

I like 3/8 teaspoon table salt per pound for big thick meats. I prefer 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      I like 3/8 teaspoon table salt per pound for big thick meats. I prefer 48 hours.
      same same, and dbl chk the salt in the rub you use so you dont double up.

Comment

I salted the brisket and pork shoulder that I'll be using. I make my rubs usually riffing off of the MH's stuff. No salt in the rubs. I got two pork shoulders from Costco for the for the first time. I cut them in half as best I could prepped the most equal looking halves for Saturday. I'm hoping for similar cook times but the thermometers will let me know. The rest is salted and rubbed for future use in the freezer.

I may have sliced off the money muscle on each for me and the lady!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here