Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheat with an air fryer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheat with an air fryer..

I bought an air fryer not to long ago. We've used it for chicken strips and French fries for the grand kids several times. We used it last night to reheat some chicken thighs I had grilled a couple of days ago. They were as good as they were when they came off the grill. We all know what happens to that crispy skin you've worked for when you put the chicken in a zip lock bag and refrigerate it. The air fryer brought it right back. Now I have several things I want to try with it.

Which model do you have?

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Ninja. After reading about air fryers on line consumer reports said the biggest difference between most of them was how easy they are to clean. The Ninja is really easy to clean.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Oak Smoke. We are not completely satisfied with ours - it is the as-seen-on-tv power airfryer. We are considering replacing it. It is pretty small, and we don't think it crisps stuff up like it should. should.

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      So far the only real disaster I've had with mine was breaded frozen okra. I went too long, it was completely dry and as hard as a rock.

My family was using a Cooks 2.5L fryer for a little over a year. We ended up giving it to our son when he moves out. I bought a YEDI 5.8ishL about 2 months ago. This unit is much larger, ceramic coated for easier cleaning and digital. I wanted a digital display as it's much easier to see. We use ours all of the time, with a family of 5. It's great that even my teenagers can use it after school. I make pizzas and sandwiches a lot in it, as well as re-heating leftovers. A little longer than the microwave, but much better. I just bought one for my sister in law, who lives alone and never wants to turn on her oven just for cooking for herself. She also loves it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here