Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck the Landing on Christmas Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck the Landing on Christmas Day

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Meathead and to all who are a part of of this site, including you.

I had a small idea of what I was doing 2 years ago when I bought my Weber Performer. However I bought Meathead’s book as a way to sit and work my way through the science of things. I tried to do it on the site but with my slight ADD I was always clicking on a link and going down some other path. The book provided me a liner path to follow where I was less likely to get sidetracked. Since reading the book I’ve become an infinitely better cook. Trying things I never thought were possible. It’s changed things so much for me that I’ve given it as a gift three times now. 😂

Growing up I always watched my aunts and grandmother cook holiday meals in the kitchen. It was magic. I don’t know how they were able to put it all together. This Christmas was my second attempt to prepare a holiday meal. (I smoked a ham last Easter.)

Thanks to all of the reading, studying, experimenting, from this site and the book, I was able to pull off the twice smoked ham, rib roast, and twice baked potatoes on my 18” WSM and Weber Performer. I would have never been able to time it all so perfectly without all of your contributions on this site. The best compliment on the meal, I had guests who did not like ham comment they would start eating it if it always tasted that good. What more could you ask for?

Sorry there are no pictures. Things got a little crazy at the end, finishing 3 things on one Performer, you’ll have to take my word they came out great.

This community is something special. Thank you all for being a part of it. I hope you all had an excellent Christmas and wish you all the best in 2020.

Making a living on this site is nice, but the real reward is letters like this. Thank you so much.

Comment

Congrats, and I know exactly how you feel. I almost feel guilty when people rave about something I have made, since I have learned at least 85% of what I know from this site, and the rest I have figured out on my own using the principles I have learned here. Cooking delicious food for family and friends is something I enjoy more than a sane person probably should, and AR has upped my game immensely in that regard.

Comment

I would agree as well. I have totally changed the way i cook since finding this site. Thanks!

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Congrats on successful cooks, and thanx for the kind words. We have all been in your shoes.

It's great when you start lookin' forward to cookin' for others rather than being very nervous about it.

Comment

I’m very very good at developing rubs and new recipes.

I mean Meathead literally did all the work and I just claim the credit but that’s not what’s important here.

Comment

Recipes tell you how but Meatead's book and this site tell you how and WHY. For me the WHY is very important.

Great post by the way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here