Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my food still ok to eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Man
    replied
    I wouldn’t worry about 4 or 5 days for the pulled pork. It might’ve dried out a bit if it wasn’t sealed up. I’d eat some to see how it is.

Leave a comment:

• jerrybell
    replied
    I would freeze it today and make sure to eat it the same day when you reheat.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    HouseHomey - hahahahahahaha. So many responses are going on in my mind that are making me laugh but that would be flagged by someone. Good job!!!! I am really chuckling at it hard.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I would be worried when she starts going to see her mom more often.

• tbob4
    replied
    Here is the problem I have - I would eat it. However, in your scenario my wife would have thrown it out. She really is the boss when it comes to food safety. Unfortunately, she has the credentials to go with it. When she goes away to visit her mom, I throw all her rules out the window and I never get sick.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    HouseHomey For me, if it passes "the sniff test," I'm probably gonna eat it.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Dewesq55 Yeah, I never been accused of being the most intelligent guy in the room.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I would, too. But I wouldn't suggest anybody else follow my example.

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I’d eat it.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Lmao!!!

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely - as mentioned before, they are fully pasteurized. Sealed pasteurized meats are okay - I use them at a weeks gap a lot.

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    LoL

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    Concur completely

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    So SV ribs should be okay.

• Polarbear777
    replied
    “Once the pork is cooked, you can chill it in the refrigerator for up to a week before continuing, or just go straight to the finishing steps. @

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here