Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Week-Night dinners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift work, so its a peanut butter samage over the steering wheel, a situation that will change in the next 12-18 months

Comment

Leftovers, from the weekend!

Comment

Chicken, shrimp, salmon, chops, steaks, burgers...yada yada yada.
        Tacos & burritos are always a fave.

While everyday is not Saturday, I don’t have a "real" job so I also don’t have anything like a fixed schedule... This week I’m working tonight and then flying to FL on Friday. So while I COULD do midweek long cooks if I were so inclined, I’m not. LOL

Comment

Steak, wings, lamb or salmon for protein.

I also like to make cast iron sprouts, asparagus or spinach. I generally add pecans and bacon crumbles. I only eat once a day so this is usually a full 12-inch Skillet. It is fun to make because I am always adding new things to the skillet to try it out.

Comment

• DiverDriver
            DiverDriver commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker do you add red onion and balsamic with your sprouts? just wondering with the cast iron.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes I will add some balsamic. I cook with them so much that a little vinegar won't hurt the surface. I will add red onion during the pan frying stage. DiverDriver

Since we are retired every day is a Saturday. May do ribs on a Tuesday and have the left overs on Wednesday. May do pulled pork any day and have it for 3 or 4 days after. Shrimp marinated is good. Summer squash straight from the garden marinated in a balsamic Italian dressing is great. Always keep 3 bean salad in the frig. And as others have mentioned chicken thighs. Some things I do on my kettle and some things I do on my gasser with a chip basket. Lamb we usually save for special occasions.
          Last edited by mountainsmoker; September 11, 2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Whatever the wife is cooking so I don't have to.

Comment

Smoked a meatloaf last night. I do lots of tri-tip M - F too.

Comment

My favorite weeknight meal is grilled skinless boneless chicken thighs with grilled zucchini. Usually some steamed rice on the side.

For years, I had fretted and tinkered with my chicken marinade until about a year ago, pressed for time and without any fancy ingredients, I used only soy sauce, jarred garlic, jarred ginger, garlic powder, onion powder and marinated for 20 minutes. It just works! For the zukes, olive oil and garlic salt. Start to finish, dinner is on the table in about 30 minutes.

Comment

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love me some easy peasy meals during the week. This would more than qualify.

I can’t say that I have a favorite, because my favorite would be variety. What I try to do is:
                1. Make-Ahead something on Sunday, usually something "stew-like" that benefits from refrigeration and reheating later in the week (beef stew, chili, stuff like that)
                2. I have a bunch of 30-minute recipe cards from my subscription to Cook’s Country magazine (ATK)
                3. Many of the quick grilled/stir-fried kind of things others have mentioned.
                4. Just got a Sous-Vide thing that I’m thinking of working into the Make-Ahead Sunday routine to throw in the ice bath, refrigerate and throw on the grill or into the cast iron skillet later in the week (just started working on this one).

Comment

For quick meals I usually grill some salmon or steaks. If I’m really low on time I’ll slice up a kielbasa and throw it in the oven while I make some green beans on the stove top, but chicken is my go to. I usually grab a variety pack, trim it if I need to, dry brine it, season it and then just throw it on the kettle.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here