Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Week-Night dinners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Week-Night dinners?

What are some of your favorite Week-Night dinners? I mean we all like pulled pork, brisket, etc. but sometimes we don't have 10-18 hours to commit to a long smoke.

What are some of your favorite shorter cooks??

I personally do a lot of steaks, chicken wings, and burgers for quick meals!

Cheers!

Something quick to cook up inside. White or brown rice topped with Beef Soboro (which can be made with pork or chicken ground also) If you need something healthy to go with it a cucumber salad is great.
    Kind of liking Japanese/Asian lately so a hamburger steak with Ponzu sauce on it on top of cabbage and sprout with a side of rice. Maybe a Ramen soup or chow mein, and stir fry or fried rice?
    Last edited by ofelles; September 10, 2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Chicken thighs have been a go-to the last few months. They cook quick, are cheap, the kids eat them, and the leftovers can be used a ton of different ways. And they are fun to use to try different rubs and seasonings. At $0.99 per pound it is easy to stash a few packs in the freezer.

Cook up some rice or frozen potatoes, throw some vegetables on the plate and it is an easy, cheap meal.

Comment

Well, since every day is Saturday I no longer have "Weeknight" meals. However, for the middle Saturdays it's the usual grilled beef, chicken or seafood. My wife is still experiencing "Weeknight meals" so I try to take the time to make something nice. Chicken cacciatore over polenta last night that was purty dang, dang good. We have it pretty good, she still likes to work (she really does) and I like to take care of the home (I really do) (except for folding laundry). Thinking of something to grill on the SMG.....

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          How do you fold laundry? All of the lessons from my mom and wife have failed.

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Folding laundry is completely overrated. Anything that can get wrinkly should get hung up, anything else doesn't need to be folded.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 and Murdy my wife taught me how to fold a fitted sheet and I figured I reached the pinnacle of laundry folding. As Hans Gruber said in Diehard: "Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer"

There's always tacos. From scratch or from leftovers they always deliver. I'm making these portobello tacos again tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	k8iK-j7V4aviY58BcCqXdRR-XlYvrWwAdigdIDLu0KPcmEcpI6mNOFH3kNzWVRCBYRB5IaYkEmfVRsrL9a_WhElACW0qBKdQ2yyvyW_sdHtAMOCJAwLficJOXUKIAo_kMaAypZUNcb09AqSQtqEHEmPCHwuIiX6mWqROZmGxrB7RZ105l-gjeAYMYKnQHG5gaZ8tjEJbCsc-iDYlFD2KLR5UpiYEBbZBthMXbrzje9gpaehnRJbV8YtI6h2qPX7
Views:	199
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	741935

Comment

Wings for sure plus the usual quick grill items. Some non-BBQ things we do regularly are chicken tikka masala, alfredo, parmesan, fajitas, beef tacos and pizza. I have 3 hungry boys so we try to eat the affordable things, it's not always steak & brisket but I'd be ok with that too.

Comment

A simple stir fry is always good. Either on the stove or the kettle works. Beef and/or chicken and/or shrimp with some veggies. Add a little teriyaki, soy sauce, and some chili bean paste and your good. Maybe some fish sauce if you want.

Comment

Kraft Mac & Cheese. With a ton of hot sauce.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                JoeSousa commented
                Editing a comment
                If you have leftover pulled pork throw that in there. One of my favorite quick meals.

Reverse seared Tri-Tip.

Comment

I am a big fan of this yogurt marinated chicken kabob recipe from Serious Eats. Basically make the marinade the night before, drop the chicken in before you head out in the morning and grill when you get home. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...bs-recipe.html

Comment

Malcom Reed’s salmon. Love it.

Comment

Enchiladas and Tacos from the previous weekend's cooks. I do like grilling fish, too.

Comment

A thick pork chop with grilled Granny Smith apple slices on the side.

Comment

grilled salmon with asparagus with roasted rosemary potatoes....

Comment

I like taco salad: lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, cheese, ground beef, Catalina fat free dressing, some Tabasco for spice. Mix all together and crush up some corn chips and stir it all together and enjoy. This is a party favorite and some of the kids request it for family parties. Only 2 of the grand-kids don't like it so we serve taco fixins and they are ALL happy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here