Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who’s up and cooking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who’s up and cooking?

getting ready to get this guy on the smoke. Anyone else pulling late duty?
    Attached Files

Just late duty at work. Enjoying the posts of those who are up & cooking. Have fun!

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee Dough boy?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Best self portrait I could find ofelles

Didn't take any photos but I trimmed three 9 lb. pork butts and they are dry brining in my BBQ fridge. Sunday cook! Cooking for two buddies who each brought me a butt, my family, and the receptionist at the front desk at work. She's a single mom and I promised her pulled pork on Tuesday. Was hoping for an 8 am cook, but it's going on 1:30 am and I might not make it up that early given the current situation :-) Monday is a holiday, and the cook can go on as long as it takes tomorrow without me having to go to bed at a certain time.

Comment

I’m putting a 9 lb pork butt on at midnight. It will be done early (eating at 3:30) but I hate being late. I put 3 racks of spare ribs on in the morning with 1 rack of baby backs.
      We’re having 14 for dinner tomorrow - all family - and my wife doesn’t have to cook. Everyone’s bring something.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
        SmokingSteve commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds good Randy!

I've just surfaced so it's not going to be a late night start in my neck of the woods but I will be throwing a couple pieces of bacon on the kettle as soon as I get the fire on the going.
      Are you off to bed after the meat is on?
      Happy cook.

Comment

Does up and drinking count.......and eating snacks..... 😁 good luck with that brisket! Looks great!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Does up and drinking count.......and eating snacks..... 😁
          Wow! We definitely share summa th same hobbies, Brother!

Up, but not cooking. Yet. Tomorrow night, brisket is going on.

Comment

Always up since I typically hit the sack at 4am CST. (second shift job 'til 2:10am at least every other night).

Munching on some lemon pepper shrimp I broiled in the oven. Chased that down with circus peanuts.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            A balanced diet.

• JCGrill
            JCGrill commented
            Editing a comment
            People eat those things, huh?

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            JCGrill growing up I never thought of them as marshmallows. Tractor Supply got the big bags.

Brisket went on 30 minutes ago.
          Attached Files

Comment

Smoked some salmon yesterday and doing a pulled pork today. Life is good.

Comment

Had to do some battle with the WSCG last night, but I persevered. Got a new hinge from them under warranty and I think it’s holding the gasket at the back just a bit higher than the old one. I’ll see about a new gasket this week.

In in the meantime. The PBC is cued up for duty later today and I’m trying the new signals now (stuck with the known and trusted smoke thermo for the overnight.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by xaugievike; September 1, 2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh gosh, what happened to the old hinge? This is the first issue with the WSCG that I have heard of.

Kathryn

Here’s how the pork butt turned out.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Pork In A Pan!!!
                Yessir!!!!
                Lookin Dee Lishusss!

Looking Gooood!

Comment

Up right now with three pork butts in the Kamado Joe. Just making sure the temp is stable before heading to bed. Leave them in overnight at around 225 and hopefully will be done tomorrow by around 1-3PM. Then wrap and into the cooler until the big event at the kids school..wish I had not volunteered as I’ve got early meetings tomorrow but if you’ve got to do it do it right. Rubbed with olive oil and used the AP Seasoning from Killerhogs, which is my favorite.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here