Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many things went wrong. Stupid stuff. Still was great.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to hold it all together and not throw in the towel. Glad it all turned out and I’m sure your family, old and new, love you even more for it.

Comment

My mother used to say, "Haste makes waste," and I think haste got you. Whenever I get in a hurry I do dumb things, and sometimes when I’m not in a hurry. Before I ditched the heat deflector I think I would scrape as much off as I could and do a high heat burn either on your Weber or Egg.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m worried about the plastic becoming ingrained into the ceramic, and the melted plastic permanently getting into the BGE. Once that smell is in there it might never go away.

• jerrybell
        jerrybell commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with Mosca on the melted/burned plastic concern. That's a tenacious odor.

What a great story of a great cook!

It certainly happens to us all, sounds like yer skillz an experience allowed fer success, nonetheless...

Not sure if I'd give my dang self 20 mikes, I'm likely to screw summat up sooner than that..lol

Comment

Gee I dunno, seems like a typical Sat afternoon around here....

Comment

This was a great story, although for you I'm guessing it's more enjoyable in retrospect than it was at the time. I'm with others in encouraging you to get a new deflector plate. You use your Egg too much to have to worry each time you fire it up whether the residual plastic will affect the cook.

The best news is that the cook turned out great and all your guests were happy.

Thanks for sharing your story. It made me feel normal, since I've had days like that as well.

Kathryn

Comment

LA Pork Butt this ain't getting clean! Believe me, I'd love if it would. But the deed is done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_121359.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	732743

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
              LA Pork Butt commented
              Editing a comment
              Give it a decent burial!

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              RIP, Mr. C. Deflector Plate.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here