Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday at BKYDBBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday at BKYDBBQ

Busy day in the backyard yesterday...

First cook on the Meadow Creek PR42G was 5 pork butts...Then I threw 4 large chickens in the PBC...

The PR42G did awesome...I ran it for over 8 hours on the charcoal...I ended up firing the gas burner for the last hourish to finish the final two butts that hit a stall in the 180s...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0943.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	731617

Name:	IMG_0949.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	731618

Name:	IMG_0944.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	731616

Name:	IMG_0946.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	731615

Well either you're famished or a big part is about to happen. Looks like you are an old hand on that new cooker. Great job Sir.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Cooking for some co workers and friends at my gym...

The ones for the gym is the challenge because they are all counting their Carbs, Fat and Protein...So they didn't want anything with a lot of sugar so that meant no sweet rubs so they just got rubbed with SPG...They came out really good...

2 great cookers with small footprints and huge capacity!

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are great cookers. Add in my 22" Weber and OKJ Bandera I can roll some meat out now.

Here's the end result all packaged up. 20# pork and 9# chicken.

Name:	2A375866-5A14-4BB8-82F4-79E5CF2139A7.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	731677

Comment

Nice job there.
      I’m a big fan of chicken in the PBC

Comment

• clb239
        clb239 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had stopped cooking chicken until I got the PBC...

Great job on it all.

Comment

Wow, great cooks. Four chickens in a PBC is quite a load. How long did it take to cook those birdies? What was the barrel temp?

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here