Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agenda for the class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agenda for the class

Well, the ladies from the Church group are coming over tomorrow. The "Relief Society" as they are called and I will feed them vast quantities (see below) and this is my teaching agenda. Thanks for the input. Pics to follow.

7:00 PM Welcome and Opening prayer.
    Eating the entire time
    7:15 Basics of BBQ
    What is BBQ?
    What we will cover tonight

Some types of smokers: look out side
    Ofsett, gas grills, weber, UDS, pellet smoker electric smoker etc
    Popular cuts for TX BBQ
    Brisket (how to select… other methods), sliced/chopped
    Ribs (st louis/spare/baby back)
    Pulled pork/pork shoulder/Bstn Butts
    WHY YOU SHOULD START WITH PULLED PORK!
    Chicken and turkey
    Things you need to know
    Salt, dry brining
    Rubs
    Sauces
    Food safety
    The faux Cambro is your friend
    Thermometers Don’t trust that dial
    2-zone cooking
    Low n slow
    Charcoal basics
    Adding smoke flavor
    Smoke ring ----Is that a thing?
    Let’s trim that brisket
    Let’s make some ribs
    Let’s make some pulled pork

RECIPES

Tonight’s dinner
    Pulled Pork on Hawaiian slider buns
    Grilled veggies
    Jalapeno poppers
    BBQ beans
    Creamed corn
    Brisket
    Ribs

Recipes, Technique & Food Discussion, not General Discussion, please.

Comment

• fracmeister
      fracmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Well normally I'd agree but the real topic is teaching a class. Think this could go either way

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      fracmeister, General Discussion is for anything OFF the topic of food, cookers, cooking, cooking techniques, food classes, etc. Jokes, sports, pets, cars, for example. If it's about food, it's not General Discussion, thanks!

Really good (albeit somewhat ambitious 😎) agenda. Have fun!

Comment

Have fun, that is a pretty full agenda.

Comment

I love your ambition, but I think you need to cut that in half. Way too much to cover. Kill your darlings!

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          @fracmeister
          I agree with Henrik. Having taught in different situations over the last 45 years your agenda seems overly ambitious even if they are coming back for an entire Saturday. I think a more realistic target would be to teach them to cook the night’s dinner and leave time for Q & A.

You know your Ward better than we do but I would consider cutting the agenda in half and doing a two parter or series. I know the Sisters would appreciate enjoying your cooking more than once.

Comment

We will see how we do. If we dont finish we dont finish and I can do a "part II"

Maybe we dont do any hands on prep work in this class. play it by ear
          Last edited by fracmeister; August 13, 2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Not trying to hijack this thread but Huskee should point out to Ray that something is wrong with the Statistics and Last Post section of this thread. On my iPad it shows 0 replies and the last post being the original post. I cleared all my caches and it is still showing the lack of activity. Something is not right.🤔

Comment

That is a LOT to cover in one evening. Regardless, that sounds really cool. Good luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here