Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Reunion

Our family reunion was this past Sunday. Everyone brings a main course and whatever else they want to contribute. Since Va is considered part of the South, there was a lot of fried chicken, potato salad, and deviled eggs. I brought fried rice and Nanaimo Bars. Both were a hit.
    We had a fun time and saw some relatives we only see at the reunion, (some not seen on purpose... ). Anyway, here are two photos - one before and one after:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190721_112736[1].jpg
Views:	168
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	719807

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190721_152526[1].jpg
Views:	150
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	719808

LOL. At our family reunions of about 70 or so the host family provided the meat and everyone else brought the sides and dessert. Dad and I got together on Saturday and went and got 3 nice pork butts and cleaned them up and used my rub and put them on his grill with some hickory until they were done. Sunday the day of the reunion we got heated them up and pulled and took them to the site of the reunion and dang if there was not a bite left. Hail to family reunions.

Comment

Sounds like fun, my immediate family has always lived far away from the rest of the family so reunions aren’t something I’ve ever been able to experience. I’d sure like to experience some of that fried rice tho, yum!!

Comment

Yep. Family is spread out for us here as well. I can only dream of cooking for the multitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
          Nanaimo Bars.
          Glad to see Canadian food south of the border, eh! We'll have to make you an honourary hoser!

Comment

Whenever I have a family reunion I celebrate afterwards with a good cook. But this is it, the last time I hear about Nanaimo Bars without making them, can't find them anywhere, Have had them before.

Comment

My wife's family reunions have turned into a meeting of the Hatfield's and McCoy's so we pass thankfully.
              Plus they're idea of picnic food is KFC....UGH!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here