Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th of July Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The in-laws like it simple: burgers, dogs, mac salad, baked beans. Watermelon, iced tea. It’s one of those "who’s in the seats" occasions.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep - my wife is one of those traditionalists, and just wants burgers and dogs. I expanded into brats due to demand by the kids (SWMBO thinks brats are evil high fat food spawned by Satan). She doesn't know I am doing the pork belly burnt ends yet - I'm just gonna throw it out there.

Getting started:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4404.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	706541

Just almost 5 pounds of Al Pastor. Cook that and the Carnitas tomorrow and all I need to cook on the 4th is the carne asada and crisp everything up. Easy-Peasy.

Comment

Chicken Thighs on PBC, Baked Beans, Sweet Potato Salad, and Fruit. Happy 4th everyone.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        What? When did you pick up a PBC?

This year we're keeping it simple. Burgers, dogs, beans, probably a salad or three and the next iteration of my wife's cherry/blueberry combo "Patriot" pie.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing wrong with that! Have a great holiday sir! That patriot pie sounds incredible!

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you and the same to you Spinaker ! Don't worry, I will post a pic of the pie again this year.

I had actually just planned for hot dogs and potato salad for Kathy and I, but the phone started ringing and now we will have a full house through the weekend. So I’m cooking brisket, pulled pork and ribs on the 4th and everyone can eat the leftovers the rest of the weekend. With it in the 90’s I’m only cooking once this week and they can handle the reheating themselves.

However, I also want to make a pot of cowboy beans for everyone and need a good recipe. Can someone point me in the right direction for Texas style? texastweeter

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        the granny's butter beans recipe here is pretty close. Use beef stock instead of chicken, grind the Brisket trimmings and add. Add two jalapenos to the onions and garlic up front. Use ancho chili powder. Finally let them sit under your brisket for a bit in the pit to catch some drippings and grab some smoke. I also use fresh tomatoes that are char roasted. PM me if you need more detail.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter . Thank you sir!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        My pleasure pardner. Let me know how you like em Here's the link to the ones I was talking about. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1562241960947

Burgers, grilled corn, ranch-style beans, and watermelon. Simple this year.

Comment

Forecast here shows 50% chance of thunderstorms everyday from today all the way through Sunday. That's really throwing a wrench in my plans. The 4th will likely have to be kept simple, maybe some sausage and burgers on the Weber Spirit. Was planning to have some family/friends over Saturday and smoke some turkey breast on the Daniel Boone GMG while doing a roast on the Weber rotisserie (pork loin, leg of lamb, or whatever beef roast looks good at the store), but if the forecast holds I may have to call an audible and maybe do some Vortex chicken quarters instead since I don't want to use the GMG or rotisserie motor in potential heavy rain and wind.

Comment

Costco had one prime brisket left. It was obvious why no one had picked it up. So I went to HEB and they had ONE prime brisket left so I bought it. $3.69/lb. Only attractive choice was the Wagyu but we are making tacos so no chance I am wasting Wagyu on that. all leftover ribs from yesterday are gone. Still have a few drumsticks but all the thighs are gone...not sure on the breasts because my daughter kept that batch in her fridge. Trimmed and dry brined the brisket last night. Putting in on about 6 pm since I have a 9:00 Am crowd to feed and it is a bit smaller than usual (11#)

Comment

Burgers and dogs for us.

Comment

Smoking some Chex Mix with Crispy’s Mango Habanero Rub (from Grill Your Ass Off) sprinkled on at the moment. Starting the brisket later tonight...got a 14.29 lb Prime from Sam’s Club. I have no idea how many people are coming, but will have burgers and dogs for the late people...haha!
              Attached Files

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Smoked chex mix, never heard of that but it sounds good

• daveIT
                daveIT commented
                Editing a comment
                I did Cheeze-Its a few weeks ago while I was smoking some cheese and they were awesome. Figure Chex mix would be even better...

Festival Della Salsiccia..Argentine Chorizo,Polish Smoked Cheddy Brats, and Italian Sausage Pinwheels..
              Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here