Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The facts against smoking meats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here in Massachusetts, smoke is legal. So, I'm good with it. 🌿🌿

Comment

Here is some science and fact for you:
      Bourbon and Scotch both contain high amounts of alcohol. Alcohol is an antiseptic and kills germs. Germs make you sick. Therefore lots of alcohol keeps you healthy...im gonna live forever...

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        JeffJ "Clear liquors are for rich white women on diets." - Ron Swanson

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter I reserve screwdrivers for when I get a cold. In addition to beer and wine I'm a single malt scotch drinker.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        JeffJ try a hot toddy instead of a screwdriver.

Hmmm - I'm takin' notes...

Comment

Think about it. For years people have worked to remove the taste of what they consider contaminants in their food. Paul Bocuse doesn't smoke haute cuisine.

Ditch the smokers. Close the BBQs. They are all wrong.

Comment

Like the bumper sticker sez- You'll have to pry my bbq/smoker from my cold dead hands

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            We’re coming. You are not allowed to defy my facts.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Yikes!!!!
            I give, I give....

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
          As soon as people could start using gas and electric ovens, they stopped using wood.

So it must be bad.
          Are you a historian? Or do you have a historical background that would allow you to assert such facts?

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I have watched The History Channel. I have read Rachel Ray’s magazine. And I am very observant.

Also I got an A once on a paper I wrote in school.

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            Good enough for me!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Every stay at a Holiday Inn Express? Mosca

I'm thinking of starting a thread entitled: The facts against facts

1. ....
          2. ....
          3. ....

To review: ...., ...., .... .

Comment

Now thats funny!!

Comment

It tastes like gas.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I digress, but on that topic, how many meals have we eaten in restaurants that have been cooked in gas ovens or gas broilers, but no one can taste the gas or even thinks about it...makes ya think...

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                When I cooked the Thanksgiving turkey everyone was complaining that it tasted like electricity.

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                Every time I watch that Traeger commercial I have to laugh. The last time I could taste "gas" on my food was 20+ years ago when a buddy was using lighter fluid on his charcoal and didn't wait long enough for it to burn off.

Originally posted by mosca View Post
              as soon as people could start using gas and electric ovens, they stopped using wood.

So it must be bad.
              blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
                So here in Massachusetts, smoke is legal. So, I'm good with it. 🌿🌿
                Road trip!

Comment

Well, akshully... most successful commercial BBQ outfits use gas ovens, so the joke is on you Mister Science!

Comment

Gas and electric ovens are bourgeoisie tools of patriarchal oppression intended to protect and maintain BBQ privilege.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here