Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went a little crazy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went a little crazy today

Ordered Aaron Franklin's meat manifesto, Flour water salt yeast, also pulled the trigger on the Victorinox 12 inch granton blade slicer and blade protector. Taco shell holders (that I saw someone in here share photos of). must stop buying for awhile. lol My would like to own list I keep in my drafts of my email ( it think my wife knows about that list), or that is why I continue to manage it atleast. lol But, that list is getting larger as well. I am trying to decide on a food sealer yet this fall or not. Also a decent dehydrator. and somehow (years from now, I am getting the urge for a stick burner. Eek
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 18, 2019, 02:34 PM.

Richard Chrz I have a list on Amazon that I make sure my wife knows about LOL

Comment

You remind me of me.

Comment

Funny, it all started by my wife buying me this last fall for a birthday gift. I think it was the first cook on it, early October?
        Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks familiar, I think I’ve seen one around. 🕶

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Best wife ever!!

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that's the gateway grill that a lot of us started out with, and then one thing just leads to another. They should come with warning labels.

You do need to pace yourself though...

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I am also super frugal, so when I do splurge like this, it was 3 months or more of lusting over it. Probably put all of these in and out of carts online 200 times. HA. If I finish up the year with a chefs knife, boning knife, and a few more books (Meatheads and America's test kitchen) I will be more then satisfied

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
        Ordered Aaron Franklin's meat manifesto, Flour water salt yeast, also pulled the trigger on the Victorinox 12 inch granton blade slicer and blade protector. Taco shell holders (that I saw someone in here share photos of). must stop buying for awhile. lol My would like to own list I keep in my drafts of my email ( it think my wife knows about that list), or that is why I continue to manage it atleast. lol But, that list is getting larger as well. I am trying to decide on a food sealer yet this fall or not. Also a decent dehydrator. and somehow (years from now, I am getting the urge for a stick burner. Eek
        You will like that slicer - I've had the same one for a year and a half or two, and it does great for slicing brisket and bacon - the only things I pull it out of the drawer for.

I can advise that you get a vacuum sealer. I've had one for a couple of years, and it's great for sealing away left over BBQ in a way that gets no freezer burn, and smell like it came fresh off the smoker when reheated.

I went the other way - I started with a stick burner, but find myself smoking meat more often than not on my Weber Performer with the Slow 'N Sear and Drip 'N Griddle, and PartyQ. I just don't always have the time or energy to tend the fire every 30 minutes.

Have fun keeping the MCS under control!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I had that feeling on the sealer. I am also a very long way off of a stick burner, I just got my wsm. I have enough cookers to play with.

You are lucky. At least you are basically frugal. Me, I suffer from "More is Better" in every area of my life. I walk into a store and my eyes just aim for the most expensive without even trying. So, I stay out of stores..........but the internet keeps calling me! Need? Want? Oh what the heck give me 2 each.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I try to be a bare minimalist, I only have a set of weber grill pans and a few cast irons, not saying it is the right way, if your having fun, that's what matters. I just like to see how much of my own I can put into it, and then decide how often I would do that, am I ok with that amount of time, if not, then what is the adaption in technique. But, I get the wants as well on stuff. I have to much to learn still about basic fire control to get to far beyond learning the science basics. Cheers

and the Knife, I was going to hold off for a year, but, then over the weekend I bought two full packers and a Prime Rib roast..... I saw a need.

Comment

Vac sealer good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here