Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping Chicken and Ribs warm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Chicken and Ribs warm?

Planning some 3-2-1 st louis ribs this weekend. Would like to keep them warm for 2 hours or so while I make chicken on the grill at a higher temp. 325-350 vs 225 for the ribs.

How do you recommend keeping the ribs warm? If i wrap in foil and keep in a faux cambro, will I lose the bark and will they be too tender? Alternatively, how do you keep chicken warm for an hour or so without drying out or losing the crispy skin?

Many thanks!

Faux cambro for ribs works well. Chicken is trickier. I don't have a good recommendation for chicken.

Comment

I have kept Turkey breasts hot in a faux cambro for almost 2 hours. I warmed small bricks on a gas grill to about 180 degrees F, wrapped them in towels and put them in the cooler. All the empty space in the cooler was filled with towels. The Turkey was warm enough after 2 hours to scorch my hands when I pulled it. And they were tender and juicy. Of course they were butter balls though. And I discarded the skins.

I did not come up with this. I gleaned it here with the help of the folks here in these forums.

Comment

You are looking at hell. First the ribs, assuming baby backs once you wrap them you lose the bark just do them 2-2 like Stephen Raichlen does and put them in the Cambro. For the chicken what cuts, whole chicken, thighs, breasts?

Comment

I assume you must do it this way and you have no oven to use for this meal.

Just St focus on making well seasoned flavorful chicken and forget about the skin. Don’t wrap the ribs in the cambro.

If if you have an oven finish the ribs there and pull your chicken with the crispy sling. Otherwise just focus on the actual meat.

I cook and hold ALOT of stuff and crispy suffers on a warm hold like that.

no one will care if the meat is fantastic. But is the meat sucks you better believe they’ll offer up how they prefer their protein served.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            What a great point on the chicken I always have people asking for my pulled chicken recipe.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here