Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Science of BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science of BBQ

Doc Blonder may appreciate

It’s a mélange of chemistry, neuroscience and evolutionary biology, flavored with a big dollop of regional pride

That Dud knows how to write.....and make ya hungry. I bet if he decided to tell you off it would take you 2 week to realize he did.

Comment

• Keiferr
      Keiferr commented
      Editing a comment
      It would take me 2 weeks to look up all the words...

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I think that would get an A+ in English writing class! Writes almost on par with Mr. Bones!

I agree - well written.

Comment

Yes, very well written. It reminds me of earlier times when language was elaborate and lively. And yes when you were told off it took several long descriptive sentences and an alert mind to catch it. Wish I had that ability.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm actually better with caveman than the Kings English.

He in sure do have some fancy wordin'

Comment

Yup, he writes durn near as purty as our 'ol Mr. Bones

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep that's what I said, right before reading your reply!! State of Jefferonians must think alike!

Beautifully written article that captures the essence of BBQ. Wondering if most of it would be lost on those unfamiliar with the science of BBQ.

Comment

I agree; I felt it was a very well written article, to help educate those unfamiliar with barbecue, and point out sameness with those who are familiar with Barbecue, an maybe, just maybe, make the latter stop and think about just how silly, largely superstitious, misinformed, unscientific, an indefensible their various, particular, deeply held beliefs about: "The One True Way" to make / serve Barbecue are mostly Bovine Scat.

I do, greatly, appreciate your above unsolicited, lavish compliments on my eloquence, an respond with a most gracious "Thank You", Brothers!

I remain your most humble, and obedient servant, and unfeigned friend.

Mr. Bones

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            You da man, Bonesy!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here