Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to use left over meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green chicken enchiladas. Yum.

Kathryn

Comment

• Hugh
      Hugh commented
      Editing a comment
      Had to google that one Kathryn. Found a recipe calling for Tomatillo. Had to google that too. Physalis philadelphica also known as the Mexican husk tomato, is a plant of the nightshade family bearing small, spherical and green or green-purple fruit. [1] Tomatillos originated in Mexico and were cultivated in the pre-Columbian era.[2] A staple of Mexican cuisine.

Now I just have to find them

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugh I don't always make them with tomatillos, onions and chiles from scratch--I use Herdez Salsa Verde (mild) and doctor it up. Herdez Salsa Verde only contains tomatillos, chile peppers, onions, salt, cilantro, and xanthum gum. Except for the xanthum gum, that's exactly how I make salsa verde from scratch except I add the water from the pan that I cooked the tomatillos, chiles and onions in along with those veggies into the blender. Then I add the cilantro and blend away.

K.
      Last edited by fzxdoc; May 21, 2019, 06:47 PM.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Those green chickens are hard to corral, MBMorgan .

K

If you debone the chicken try chicken fajitas. They are so simple and so good. I like lime squeezed over mine just before they finish cooking. Tortillas, pico, sour cream, and a little shredded cheddar. Great summer food!

Comment

• Hugh
      Hugh commented
      Editing a comment
      copied thank you

Brunswick stew

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Select the Brunswick stew recipe that uses squirrel if you want some good food.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      And don't forget to include some squirrel dumplings.

Kathryn

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Squirrel!
      It's What's Fer Dinner!
      If I'da had th foresight to tann alla th hides, of alla th squirrel I've et, why, I coulda easily made a cover fer th duplex I live in, plus some slippers, gloves, an a really kewl lookin Mountain Man winter hat...
      I did always have me some squirrel tails to adorn th ends of my bicycle handlebar grips, though, flappin in th sun, as I rolled along, with a playin card makin murdersickle sounds again my spokes

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here