Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Weekend Menu: enter yours here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid BBQ in the AM: smashburgers, dogs, corn - nice and simple

Adult BBQ in the PM: Brisket (flat slices, point ends), some kinda beans, cornbread, chicken sausages, slaw, maybe some turkey drumsticks, and maybe the turkey drumsticks cooked a day ahead and then chopped up and put in with the beans.

Comment

Starters: smoked hot pepper salsa, deep fried pickles, fried pig ears
      Main: Beef ribs, lamb ribs, pork ribs, turkey breast, pork belly burnt ends
      Dessert: cast iron pineapple upside down cake

Cheers!

Comment

What a bummer, the tri-tip I almost got on sale was flagged for recall at the counter. So it looks like baby back ribs will be part of the menu, but that's only 2 days of eating. Hopefully the stores restock and/or have sales Sunday so I can throw together a discount super meal

Comment

Yesterday: Brats
          Today: Burgers
          Sunday: Grilled Rotisserie Chicken
          Monday: FINALLY firing up the smoker this year for a Pork Butt. That will be for lunch which is a first attempt at that for me so after reading a bunch of suggestions on here I’m going to try to have it hit temp well after dinner on Sunday then wrap it and put it in the oven. I’m torn though. I always cook it naked for the long haul and serve after a tented rest because I don’t want to lose that sweet bark. But I really don’t feel like thinking about it all night even though I know I can get a good burn time by loading up with charcoal, granted it’s supposed to get into the 40s here Sunday night. I’m open to suggestions on the sides for that aside from the usual beans/slaw/cornbread. Thinking grilled pineapple...

Comment

After the brisket and ribs SUnday is simple...burgers and hot dogs by the pool. Monday it is off to the beach so we will hit some restaurant. Thursday night I am grilling rainbow trout if I can get some.. if not, pompano en pappilon

Comment

12.6 lb wagyu brisket (HEB for $6/lb!); three types of sausage: jalapeno cheddar, alligator & pork, and alligator/pork with jalapeno & cheddar; Cajun rice; hopalong hominy; and pinto beans.

Also cooking a 15 lb brisket for a friend's son's high school graduation next weekend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here