Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking tips

Here's an article with cooking tips. I'm not sure I agree with them all, but found them interesting.

The old resting the meat argument is back! LOL.

Stop worrying about resting meat after it is cooked. Serve it hot. We bust this myth with a review of the scientific research, some tests of our own, some basic meat science, explanations of carryover cooking and what makes meat juicy, a look at doneness temperatures, and how carving comes into play.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah & it drys it out even. Wonder who thunk that one. 🕶

More importantly, size does matter

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe more importantly, when does size not matter? Regarding anything?

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      How about my bar tab? FireMan ?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as FireMan is buying, Blantons for everyone in the house !!! FIRE IN DA HOUSE !!!!

Mostly agree I think.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sorta with ya, mebbee. 😎

Really enjoyed that article, thanks RonB

Comment

"The Pan cooks the food, the Flame does not". That is pretty solid advice to take into consideration, or so I believe. Much like I find myself every cook so far on my grill and soon my smoker; Is this the very best environment I can give my meat so that it takes care of the process on it's own. I have not known about any circumstances that I have been in yet where I have needed a IR thermometer. But, I think I would like to spend some time with some of my various pans now and see how they compare in various settings. I do want a nice digital scale, but, for brining or curing. I could not imagine my cooking level would ever go past a basic set of measuring cups, but, one could be hopeful I guess that they will.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 8, 2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        If you get into serious baking, a scale is very handy, and much more accurate.

I really need to start making stocks in my pressure cooker. Thanks for the article.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here