Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expiration of my spritz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expiration of my spritz

I am curious, because I merely don’t know lol how long would you think my rib spritz will last? It is apple juice, imitation liquid butter, and white wine vinegar. Refrigerated or no?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I do appreciate all of your help!

There are some things I just won't share. This is one of them. Well. because I just don't know. When I do spritz and have any left, I put in the wrap. My family like moist, fall off the bone ribs.

Comment

I don’t know, but I would feel safe with a couple of weeks

Comment

Take a look at https://stilltasty.com/ and look up the individual ingredients. They didn’t have imitation butter listed but margarine has a refrigerator shelf life of 1-2 months.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          You got this in while I was typing, makes perfect sense to me.

Apparently this is Myron Mixon's spritz recipe. His book mentions making up a day in advance, unrefrigerated, or just before use. Haven't found anything about storing it long term, if that is what you were asking.

The winningest man in barbecause shares the secrets of his success. Rule number one? Keep it simple.   In the world of competitive barbecue, nobody’s won more prize money, more trophies, or more adulation than Myron Mixon. And he comes by it honestly: From the time he was old enough to stoke a pit, Mixon learned the art of barbecue at his father’s side. He grew up to expand his parent’s sauce business, Jack’s Old South, and in the process became the leader of the winningest team in competitive barbecue. It’s Mixon’s combination of killer instinct and killer recipes that has led him to three world championships and more than 180 grand championships and made him the breakout star of TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters. Now, for the first time, Mixon’s stepping out from behind his rig to teach you how he does it. Rule number one: People always try to overthink barbecue and make it complicated. Don’t do it! Mixon will show you how you can apply his “keep it simple” mantra in your own backyard. He’ll take you to the front lines of barbecue and teach you how to turn out ’cue like a seasoned pro. You’ll learn to cook like Mixon does when he’s on the road competing and when he’s at home, with great tips on   • the basics, from choosing the right wood to getting the best smoker or grill• the formulas for the marinades, rubs, injections, and sauces you’ll need • the perfect ways to cook up hog, ribs, brisket, and chicken, including Mixon’s famous Cupcake Chicken   Mixon shares more than 75 of his award-winning recipes—including one for the most sinful burger you’ll ever eat—and advice that will end any anxiety over cooking times and temps and change your backyard barbecues forever. He also fills you in on how he rose to the top of the competitive barbecue universe and his secrets for succulent success. Complete with mouth-watering photos, Smokin’ with Myron Mixon will fire you up for a tasty time.

From a New York Times bestselling cookbook author and five time BBQ world champion, everything you need to know about preparing great barbecue.Have you ever wondered if you can make good barbecue without a smoker, pit, or grill? If you need to use a rub or marinade? Not sure what a brisket is, whether you need to trim it, and if so, how? In BBQ&A with Myron Mixon, bestselling author and TV personality Myron Mixon answers the questions most frequently asked of him during his many live cooking demos, TV appearances, and private cooking classes. Myron’s lively, informative answers are paired with practical visuals and cover techniques and methods, flavors and preparations, recipes and formulas—all collected in one place for the first time by the winningest man in barbecue. “Get your MBA in BBQ from one of the MVPs in the business. The info is rock-solid—even I learned a thing or two.” —Steve Raichlen, New York Times bestselling author of the Barbecue! Bible cookbook series and host of Project Fire and Project Smoke on PBS“I’ve been waiting for this. Someone has finally written the book on how to cook championship barbecue, the kind that wins money in competitions. But not just someone: Myron Mixon could build a battleship if he melted his trophies. And, in case you are still hungry, he shares his secrets for sides and seafood and all of the essential dishes in the classic barbecue canon.” —Meathead Goldwyn, New York Times–bestselling author of Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling

Comment

• bbq_joe
          bbq_joe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, he just doesn’t share how long it can be stored.

I would store in the fridge if it were me... for no more than a couple of weeks.

Comment

Fridge until the apocalypse.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment

Thanks everyone. I’ll throw it in the fridge and just keep an eye/ nose on it. If it starts to smell bad I’ll toss it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here