Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Potato Salad Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Potato Salad Recipe

I could have sworn the other day when I was looking there was a recipe for Smoked Potato Salad. Now, I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where it's at?

I do that every once in a while as well as smoked mashed potatoes. It's pretty simple really, just peel, quarter, then smoke at 225 for 45 minutes or so. I'll pop them into Chef Mic to get to the texture I want then make the dish as I ordinarily would. I'll add boiling water to the mashed a little at a time to get them close to consistency, then finish with milk. I think there's a recipe or discussion floating around here somewhere, but type in smoked potatoes on the free side and it might take you there.

Comment

Was it here in the forum or from the free site's recipes? Here's the free site's results for potato salad. https://amazingribs.com/searchresults/potato%20salad

I don't recall a smoked one.

My wife & I make one where we bake the potatoes, then dice them and fry them (pre-baking makes the frying go much quicker). We called it fried potato salad. You could apply the same thing to potatoes baked on your smoker, perhaps halved first, then once cooked adequately dice them up in the completed dish. I have not seen a specific recipe for it myself.

Comment

• bbq_joe
        bbq_joe commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t remember where it was unfortunately. There is so much great info on the site, I ran across it and thought, I’m going to have to come back to that. Now, I can’t find it.
        I’m sure it’ll come up when I least expect it.
        I had seen the potato recipes on the free site.

I've used this recipe before and it was really good.

Grilled, not smoked, but I really liked it, and it is fairly simple.

Comment

After poking around the Pit and the free site, I found nothing. However googling "smoked potato salad" turns up plenty of hits from other sites.

Comment

That's ok. I know I saw it somewhere, because I told my wife about it. But, I must have been mistaken about where exactly I saw it. Thanks to everyone for looking for me.

Comment

I ended up finding it, it is in Meatheads book, page 357. . It must have been a preview to the book when I saw it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad ya found it, cause I member seein it, too...

Jus didn't wanna say nuthin...

Glad you found it, bbq_joe . Meathead's book is a gem.

Let us know how the potato salad turns out.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here