Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for Easter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you cooking for Easter...

I have 3 pork butts (a friend is doing another 3) for a Church Easter party on Saturday. But for Easter it is ham, asparagus, baked mac n cheese, deviled eggs and a handful of other sides.
    Last edited by fracmeister; April 21, 2019, 12:44 PM.

Smoking a spiral sliced ham. Wife is making the sides. Deviled eggs, macaroni salad, etc. The usual fare.

Comment

Treating myself to some fine McDonald's Breakfast! Extra Hash Browns. Been waaaaaay too long!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Never had it that way. But that sounds incredible! Dan Deter

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        I just expressed you two packs of Zantac Spinaker. Should be there before your gall blader farts. šŸ˜

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate you looking out for me! Mudkat

Going non-traditional and smoking up a mess of short ribs

Comment

Boneless leg of lamb. Going to rotisserie it.

Comment

I am going with Meatheads Double Smoked Ham.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            synodog I made a last minute change and wedded Meatheadā€™s cook schedule with my wifeā€™s grandmotherā€™s peanut butter Coca-Cola ham. I think I want to tweak it some, but it was pretty good for the first attempt. How did yours turn out?

• synodog
            synodog commented
            Editing a comment
            LA Pork Butt I received plenty of favorable comments about my ham and it went before the other non-smoked ham so I think that means it went well. Even with the modification I enjoyed it too.

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            @sunofog thanks. I still need to try that one.

Picking up two pork butts tonight. Plan on cooking them Saturday and just reheating on Sunday. I would do them Saturday night-Sunday morning but I want some sleep and we have church in the morning. Going to have deviled eggs, some sort of potatoes for the sides and a bunny cake for the kids. And whatever anyone else brings.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            How did the cook go today?

King Crab Legs and Prawns maybe a small chicken, but seafood will be the star

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Love some king crab legs. Snow crab legs are too much trouble.

Hasenpfeffer

Comment

Nothing, absolutely nothing. We are eating at my mother in law's or sister in law's, and that typically means a bunch of lukewarm casserole dishes sat out all over the kitchen, and cold pre-sliced turkey or ham from the Honey Baked ham store. None of my in-laws can cook worth a rip. Thankfully, we have all the summer get togethers here since I have an in-ground pool and outdoor entertaining space, with grills coming out my butt (well, all over the back yard anyway).

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              We must going to the same place for Easter. I didn't know we were related. But sshh. Honey baked ham.. mmm...

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like I need to make a trip down South this summer.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Mudkat they did not disappoint. Cold pre-sliced turkey breast from Honey Baked. Luke warm and room temp casseroles. I consoled myself with lots of cake and brownies... then came home and ate left over smash burgers...

Boneless leg of lamb for Easter Sunday. Also doing about 10# of pulled pork on my explosive pellet pooper. May do something else next week, taking a few days to rest from my 50+ hour work weeks the last year and a half. Man gotta kick back every once in a while !!!

Comment

Going to try to do Susie Bulloch's Bourbon Peach Glazed Double Smoked Ham on my PBC. Gotta do it up Saturday since my wife works on Sunday. In-laws are coming over... so yeah, bourbon.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                A big fan of Hey Grill Hey....

• FishTalesNC
                FishTalesNC commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too DavidNorcross and her recipe didnā€™t disappoint!

It's going to be pulled pork and brisket. The kids are bringing all kinds of sides. Just as importantly there will be none of those "jello salads". When I reached adulthood I swore I would never be subjected to that stuff again. The little old ladies in my family mixed cottage cheese or lord knows what else in jello. There would be green ones and red ones with one thing in common, they tasted terrible.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the jello memory may be a product,of,when you grew up. It has been years since I have seen one of those show up at a potluck.

• randy56
                randy56 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not a fan of jello unless it's jello shots.

• synodog
                synodog commented
                Editing a comment
                Jello salad contraptions were my momā€™s specialty. My sisters and I never ate it but the rest of the aunts, uncles, and cousins were always waiting for it. The "pink stuff."

Pork Loin, Squash Casserole, Broccoli Salad, Green Beans, Wheat Dinner Rolls, and some kind of pie that my Sister in Law will bring. Happy Easter Pit Friends!

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                Editing a comment
                That all sounds pretty low-carb/keto-friendly until you get to the rolls!

Greek style Boneless Leg of lamb in the BGE and fresh ham double smoked via Meathead on the PK with some apple and Pecan chunks.

Assorted charcuterie and shrimp cocktail.

Wife makes dessert; apple tort, chocolate mousse, Lemon bars, and coconut bunt cake.
              Last edited by Old Glory; April 19, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here