Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for Easter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender took care of Emirel's chunks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190421_135605.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	668494

Comment

My wife said I saved the Easter Dinner. I wouldn’t go quite that far, but I did do one heck of a job. We had an invite to my sister’s house for Easter. As usual, she specifically requested my smoked turkey. I had two smaller birds, so I did up one with Simon and Garfunkel rub, and let it go overnight with some salt added. The second bird, I rubbed with "Peruvian-ish" rubs from Dizzy Pig. The S&G;F rubbed bird went on the Akorn at 350. The second bird went onto the Weber 26 with SnS/DnG. Pecan and apple chunks. First turkey came off the Akorn, and I’m running out of coals in the 26, so I finished the second turkey on the Akorn.
      I also made sourdough bread, and Forkish Harvest Bread. My sister made salmon, which was unfortunately very dry. Her roasted asparagus was good though.

I was almost embarrassed by all the praises being heaped upon me. 😁 People eating breast meat and asking how I kept it so moist. Gobbling my bread like crazy. The was one small crust of bread left, and well, you can see the carnage wrought upon the turkey!

Thankyou AR and the Pit! 😎
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Thunder77; April 22, 2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Good gawd that’s a great cook Thunder77

My Easter brisket was a FAIL!, but you would never know it. I had to do a little rescue work on it, warming it up in foil pan with some bullion. Everyone loved it, but man, was that flat dry! On paper, everything went as planned. It was a 16.5lb whole packer on my XL Oval. I kept the temps between 225* and 250*, wrapped it at 175* and pulled it at 203ish. Let it rest in cooler wrapped in towels for 2-3 hours. The point was moist, but the flat was a goner! My notes for the next one are... Look for a smaller packer, increase the cook temp to 250*, divide the firebox and keep the flat on the cool side, and wrap sooner. First whole packer is a learning experience! BTW, there were no left overs.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        See? That there tells the truth, "no left overs". Most all of us have been in that same place. "This meat is dry" "oh my lord this is terrible!" (said to self) Then everyone digs in and its gone! Be gentle and enjoy yourself.

It’s a popular saying around here.... "No pics? Then it didn’t happen!" Sorry for the delay, but here are pictures of my smoked spiral sliced ham this past Sunday. A successful result enjoyed by all, and still enjoying with the leftovers for sandwiches and breakfasts!

​

Click image for larger version  Name:	E86FDDBC-B412-4CCD-ABBB-09263349FA63.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	732.2 KB ID:	669403

Click image for larger version  Name:	4AB95F3B-2137-49A9-914B-8AC6F0A64F96.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	622.4 KB ID:	669404
      Last edited by DJ DeSpain; April 23, 2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here