Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for Easter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been smoking a brisket overnight with plans to grill ham tomorrow. The ham will have a honey crust when done.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds yum! My wife fights me every time I want to do a brisket.

Do you marinate it...The Lamb
    Last edited by AngieAng; April 20, 2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• grezs
      grezs commented
      Editing a comment
      If you mean my lamb, yes - marinate 4-6 hours. For a 3-4 lb leg trimmed 3-4 T EVOO, 2T soy sauce, juice of a lemon plus zest from same, 1T fresh rosemary chopped and 2-3 garlic cloves minced. There are a bunch of Julia Child butterflied lamb recipes on the net, which use mustard. Never found a need for that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEC5DE2E-DBA2-4952-9B63-07AF4CBE2905.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	668607Click image for larger version

Name:	E6E02848-112B-4A71-955D-F8667DC9615E.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	668606Click image for larger version  Name:	F29CF1A4-C384-4BA2-9084-A41F420E007A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	667715 Bone in leg o lamb.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; April 22, 2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Interested in this one.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Came out great!

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic!

Spaghetti. Hadn't had time with work. I can pig out Sunday afternoon. Meatballs too.

Comment

I am in the market to add a pellet grill. Anyone famialr with the following: https://www.myronmixonsmokers.com/

Seems they offer a full line of elite grills but no mention herein. Is there a a Yankee bias on this site. lol

Comment

Spinaker Maybe 45 minutes until they come off the 26 inch kettle. Then wrapped and stuffed into the cooler for a couple hours before before pulling

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_173701.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	667776

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooooooo nice.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW! Those look great! (Make sure to get these over too SUWYC!)

1st course- manicotti (tradition)

main - Justin smillie’s brined peppercorn crusted shortribs
      roasted potatoes
      roasted Brussels sprouts ~ balsamic/lime/soy
      beet & citrus salad ~ pistachio dressing

Comment

Smoked a spiral ham on the gasser last night accompanied with butter beans, Mac and cheese, deviled eggs...

Comment

Before shot. Marinated with a modified sheep dip. No after shots as it was scoffed but it was gorgeous!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks incredible

It’s been one awesome weekend for cooking. Brisket on Saturday and Honey Ham on Sunday.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DKlein; April 21, 2019, 07:07 PM. Reason: Sorry but the brisket and ham are not in order.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great! That is one loooong fork!

Smoked a brisket for Easter. Not my best work, the flat didn’t come out. The point was perfect though! Click image for larger version

Name:	7D5C640E-0D63-4074-B361-3E2D6304375B.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	668381

Comment

• painter
            painter commented
            Editing a comment
            Whoa! That does look perfect.

• Santamarina
            Santamarina commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good! I’m glad we didn’t do the "traditional" ham...my in-laws are fans, but no one else. Got the go-ahead to do a brisket for Thanksgiving this year. Happy to have non-traditional foods making their way to the dinner table on these holidays!

I did a spiral ham on the BBQ and smoked two sirloin tip roasts tips on the Keg.
          Nailed the ham, roasts could have come off a bit earlier, was aiming for med rare, got more med, but hey no leftovers so people musta liked it.
          I'd love to do a brisket on the Keg but keeping temps in the 225-250 range on ours is damn near impossible.
          With the cost of a full packer $80 plus in this neck of the woods I don't want to chance ruining one on the Keg so will keep on oven cooking them.

Comment

Food carts for breakfast, nap, smash burgers for dinner.

Comment

Smoked a 15 lb turkey on the PBC. Just under four hours, used two handfuls of Jack Daniels whiskey chips for flavor along with a generous coating of Big Bob Gibson's rub.

Comment

My FiL made a bone-in rib roast. He didn’t use Oleary’s Cow Crust, but it was still pretty good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here