Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for Easter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless lamb leg sous vide reverse sear; pork tenderloin medallions. Fresh bread.

Comment

Well, today i picked up a 24 oz. boneless prime sirloin steak. On sale for $6.99 from $10.99. That will be for Sunday, just me and my wife. Saturday my daughter and her family are coming over. I picked up close to 5 pound choice flat at BJ's Monday. My wife is going to do it the slow cooker. She's been doing it that way for years. I never did a flat. Don't know how it would turn out on the genisis II. So waiting till I get the kettle. Wanted it sooner but haven't gotten to ACE. Maybe Friday.

I want to say Happy Easter and let's not forget Passover for those Pitmasters that celebrate.

Comment

What else - Rabbit. I do love the Easter Bunny - especially with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Comment

Couple of spiral cut hams and a chicken for those that don’t like ham. Not sure yet on the cooking method

Comment

Hmmmm. Hadn't thought about anything special. Won't be up until about noon-30. Need to power wash the kettles and cut grass. Guess I could treat myself to something. I'll see what the meat bin has in store at wolly world.

Comment

Beef tenderloin on the Hasty Bake.

Comment

Korean Pulled Pork on Chinese steamed buns with a Vietnamese slaw. Untraditional all the way. Husband dislikes ham, so I go off-road on my Easter cooks if it's just to be us and another couple.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  fzxdoc Kathryn, yes - that is in fact the recipe I've been using, and I love that sauce. I never thought to freeze it though, and tossed it after a couple of weeks.

I've got a Korean fried chicken wing recipe that is also amazing, which uses Gochujang as well as an ingredient. I wrote it down from an episode of America's Test Kitchen. You can only see it on their site I you have a paid subscription though. If you are into that flavor profile, I'll be happy to post the recipe somewhere here.

• Old Glory
                  Old Glory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sounds great! I have been on a Korean food kick lately and will have to try that Korean pulled pork. Thanks!

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds awesome!

Originally posted by MichaelF View Post
                Boneless leg of lamb. Going to rotisserie it.
                I need to do one of these.

Comment

I've got about 8 pounds of brining brisket that will be going on the smoker tomorrow with the Pastrami Rub, then we're bringing that over to family on Sunday morning, where it'll steam long enough to be lunchtime Pastrami sandwiches...
                  Pretty sure the family will be cooking a store bought spiral cut ham for dinner, with a boatload of scalloped potatoes.

Comment

Finalizing my plan for pork chops and cheesy hashbrowns. Vegetables are still TBD. Looking forward to a little grilling now that the weather will let me embrace the outdoors, rather than tolerate the outdoors!

Comment

I'll do another smoked spiral sliced ham like I've done the last couple of years, including the pineapple preserve/horseradish glaze!

Since I had great success with my whole smoked ham last Christmas (see https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/the-pit-mastery-program/rubs-pastes-marinades

Comment

Well, not sure that I am comfortable taking the risk of smoking a turkey or a ham just yet; but I am fixing turkey, homemade yeast rolls, potato salad, green beans, 7 layer salad, and not sure what else just yet. But. . . . I did buy a ham today for next weekend I believe.

Comment

• fracmeister
                          fracmeister commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do make that step to smoking a turkey. You wont regret it.

• bbq_joe
                          bbq_joe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I haven’t fully decided against it. Just don’t want to take a chance in ruining the main food. Lol

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Surprising how easy doing a turkey is! Spatchcock that baby, lay it up over a bed of aromatics and smoke away. It's amazing! My family didn't believe it would be juicy coming from the smoker, but man, did I show them! lol It was a HIT at Christmas!

Two bison sirloin tip roasts on the Weber Kettle.

Comment

My sister requested my bread and my smoked turkey. So that is what I am making! I will cook the turkey on my Akorn, and the bread in my Primo Junior.

Comment

I'm doing grilled butterflied leg of lamb on the Weber. It's a recipe from J. Child and Company from the 70's. Been doing it every Easter since 1981 and it's excellent. EVOO, soy sauce, lemon juice and zest, rosemary and garlic. Marinate 6 hrs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here