Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for Easter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvidael
    replied
    I've got about 8 pounds of brining brisket that will be going on the smoker tomorrow with the Pastrami Rub, then we're bringing that over to family on Sunday morning, where it'll steam long enough to be lunchtime Pastrami sandwiches...
    Pretty sure the family will be cooking a store bought spiral cut ham for dinner, with a boatload of scalloped potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc Kathryn, yes - that is in fact the recipe I've been using, and I love that sauce. I never thought to freeze it though, and tossed it after a couple of weeks.

I've got a Korean fried chicken wing recipe that is also amazing, which uses Gochujang as well as an ingredient. I wrote it down from an episode of America's Test Kitchen. You can only see it on their site I you have a paid subscription though. If you are into that flavor profile, I'll be happy to post the recipe somewhere here.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Who cares about traditional, as long as your family is happy.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by MichaelF View Post
    Boneless leg of lamb. Going to rotisserie it.
    I need to do one of these.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Never had it that way. But that sounds incredible! Dan Deter

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris , FWIW, I'm using Steve Raichlen's recipe for the Korean Pulled Pork and the Korean Sauce to serve with it. I still have some of that Korean Sauce in the freezer from the last time I made it.

I think it's probably the same recipe you use from Raichlen's barbecuebible.com website:

Smoked pork shoulder with the sweet, spicy, and fiery flavors of Korean barbecue. Sweet, salty, spicy, fiery, with those Asian umami flavors.

K.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Kathryn, that does look a lot like a slaw! I've bookmarked it for the next time I make Korean BBQ. Most at my house were not a fan of the kimchi I served with it last time. I think just my son-in-law and me put some on our sandwiches.

Thanks!

Jim

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I get the Chinese steamed buns in the freezer section of our semi-local Asian market. They're delicious, jfmorris .

I'm using the Vietnamese Cucumber "Noodle" Salad recipe from the most recent issue of Eating Well. They call it a salad but it reads like slaw to me!

Kathryn

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Mmmm. Sounds amazing. I gotta pull that Korean pulled pork recipe out again.

When you say Vietnamese slaw, are we talking something different than kimchi? And where do you get these Chinese steamed buns?

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Korean Pulled Pork on Chinese steamed buns with a Vietnamese slaw. Untraditional all the way. Husband dislikes ham, so I go off-road on my Easter cooks if it's just to be us and another couple.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    commented on 's reply
    I think the jello memory may be a product,of,when you grew up. It has been years since I have seen one of those show up at a potluck.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Beef tenderloin on the Hasty Bake.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    A big fan of Hey Grill Hey....

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    Looks good. I was planning something very similar.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Hmmmm. Hadn't thought about anything special. Won't be up until about noon-30. Need to power wash the kettles and cut grass. Guess I could treat myself to something. I'll see what the meat bin has in store at wolly world.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here