Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Safety, Pregnancy, & Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been through that once, and now TWO more are on the way.

Anyhow my wife’s doctor said no cold cuts. Don’t know if that means ALL cold cuts or just things like salami (and other cured stuff). But the SAFE thing to do is assume it means cured meats. Is it absolutely necessary? Got me! I don’t know. But I also know you don’t have to eat pastrami. The doc also said no shellfish. Again, is this absolutely necessary OR just a "better safe than sorry" thing. Don’t know. But you don’t have to eat shrimp.

Now the BAD news. The sickness. My wife got it pretty bad the first time around and is still green around the gills now. The smell of smoke results in a puke storm. So when I use my smoker I have to put my clothes in the washer, shower downstairs, and change into fresh stuff BEFORE heading to bed. Or else I have to sleep on my own couch.

But assuming you aren’t observing the same thing (or the sickness period has passed, it does pass eventually) BBQ is safe. The smoke ring is technically nitrates, but it isn’t like the meat is nitrate cured or anything. Assuming you have practiced safe food handling procedure no problem. It’s fully cooked food. But don’t be surprised if things that weren’t too spicy are suddenly too spicy.

But on the other hand, you CAN live for 9 months without BBQ. I mean if you have to it is possible.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here