Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever wondered why so many kitchen recipes call for baking at 350*?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever wondered why so many kitchen recipes call for baking at 350*?

Here's why:

History always repeats itself, right Grandma? Very good video, thanks for the ever increasing knowledge base we get here!

Comment

Good video. Thank you for posting it.

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks!

Comment

Great video, thanks fer postin this!

Comment

Very interesting! Thanks for posting!

Slow-Moderate-Hot

Gonna give the flour test a go today! j/k

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              hahahaha, if you make the trip, absolutely! Troutman

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              When we were kids we'd vacation at a place called Mono Hot Springs in the Sierras. They had these really cool rock-walled cabins with wood fired ovens in the kitchen. Mom grew up cooking with them so she taught us how to use them. Man, that fire management was and is an art! We smoked the place out more than once!!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              How cool! That must have been quite the experience Mike! CaptainMike

I always thought my Mother and Grandma were the originators of the 350* rule. My bubble is burst

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for posting that video RonB, who knew... The magic 350°

Comment

OMG!! Stop the flashbacks! Awesome stuff. So, so much science and goodness in there. This never gets old. Thanks for posting. Geeking out right now.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't know you were Greek.

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CaptainMike Sí, mucho Greeko. Gyro 🥙, taco 🌮 and such. All the same thing. TZatziki, salsa or Katsup? All the same.

Awesome

Comment

Thanks for the video. As stated at Faber College "Knowledge is Good". Circa Animal House.
                    ​​​

Comment

Had to save that one. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I had an aunt and uncle who lived on a farm. We would visit them frequently. My aunt cooked on a cast iron wood stove most of my childhood. I still remember being amazed when she would open the oven to get the biscuits out - they were always perfectly done, and she never peeked and didn't have a timer - just pulled 'em out perfect every time.

I also remember bringing a gallon jug of milk from the cow barn to the house when I was small enough that it was a chore where I ended up with milk on my shirt more than once. Ya can't get milk any fresher than that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here