Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Cook - Beef Ribs, Sweet Potato Casserole, Cabbage, Apple Crisp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Cook - Beef Ribs, Sweet Potato Casserole, Cabbage, Apple Crisp

Waiting on my guests. Shrimp dip is good. Ribs are in the cooler. Potatoes and cabbage are cooking. Apple crisp is ready to go in.

I've put recipe notes on the pictures.

Pre heated grill to 235. Lumberjack 100% Apple pellets. 0900 - Ribs on lower shelf. 1000 - rotated ribs, put shrimp dip on upper shelf 1100 - rotated ribs. 1200 - pulled dip, wrapped ribs. 1300 - pulled ribs, put in cooler. Put potatoes and cabbage on grill. Raised temp to 275. 1425 - moved sides to left side of grill. Lowered temp to 225. 1520 - pulled potatoes. 1615- pulled cabbage, unwrapped/put ribs back on. Put apples on. 1645 - pulled ribs. 1810 - pulled apples.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dsohmer; February 3, 2019, 05:20 PM.

Wow, looks like a party at yer house!
    Great lookin food, Brother!

Comment

Luv Wibs

Comment

Money shot!
        Attached Files

Comment

Where is this party? Need to put in GPS!

Comment

Very well done.

Comment

That is one excellent cook. I love those HEB finger ribs, I cook them all the time !! Would also love to see a recipe for that sweet potato casserole. Again, well done sir !!!

(just saw your note, Malcom Reed recipe on the sweet potato ... cool !!! )

Comment

That all looks so good. the sweet potato casserole is something that I need to try as we are always looking for good sides to go with the meat.

Comment

I knew I shouldn’t open this post. Man those ribs look great. Love beef ribs.

Comment

Thanks everyone. A couple notes on the cook and a question.

1. The cabbage turned out much better this time. I cut a wider core, put the liquid butter in first and then the meat. I also smoked it at 225 for 3 hours instead of 2.

2. The sweet potatoes actually rose like a soufflé at one point during the cook. I wasn't expecting it, wasn't ready to eat and it fell back down. They were still good.

3. Beef ribs. These aren't my favorite beef ribs. I much prefer the ribs I can get when the butcher at HEB debones prime rib. The meat on the ones yesterday was excellent but the membrane was a killer. I know the prevailing wisdom is to not remove the membrane on beef ribs but I'm curious what this board thinks. Will they just fall apart if I remove it?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here