Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for the superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you cooking for the superbowl?

I don't have a full menu but I'm thinking of doing these Bacon Maple Grilled Onion Rings from Steven Raichlen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bacon-maple-onion-rings-blog.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	627577

Looks like we are finally staying home for the big game instead of going to friends houses, so told the fam that they could each request something. Doing a Polar Plunge in the am so won’t have time to do much smoking before the game. With that caveat below are the current food stuffs that will be made:

Pretzel bites (daughter)
    Mac and cheese (son) - daughter has also requested bacon to be offered as a mix in
    Armadillo eggs (me)
    Pepperoni roll (me)

Buffalo chicken meatballs are also a maybe

Wife has not submitted her request yet.

Comment

• shify
      shify commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack first one ever and trying to start a tradition. Was supposed do it last winter but it got cancelled when it was 5 degrees out thanks to the polar vortex.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Water body of water are you plunging into?

• shify
      shify commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP - will be running into the Long Island Sound (the body of water between CT and Long Island, NY and a sliver of Westchester county, NY). Probably temping at a balmy 40 degrees right now.

Be careful about that polar plunge. The science guys are expecting a repeat that weekend of the early part of this week.

Comment

Since the Rams are from California I will be cooking up some tri-tip. Well, at least that is the excuse I am using. Although who really needs excuses to cook tri-tip?

I thought about lobster rolls for the Patriots but didn't want to bother with paying for lobster, finding the right rolls, etc. So right now it is looking like tri-tip and other random snacks. And I am sure I will find a way to get some chicken wings on the table.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        It does sound like a good excuse to cook tri-tip. I have a prime tri-tip in the freezer I might have to cook.

• Livermoron
        Livermoron commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Tri tip to represent Cali. Patriots fan neighbor is doing some sort of fish thing...

This will be the first Superbowl party I've been able to attend in many years, since I work every Sunday night. Got a short vacation coming up. And I wasn't asked to cook anything. So I get a night off of work and a day off from cooking. Time to be lazy and enjoy life for a night.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Cain't honestly expect me to believe that ya'll be cookin up absolutely nuthin, cain ya?
        I cain't hardly feature that there happenin, nossir...

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you, Man!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones True, no cooky for me. Wife cooked a couple finger foods but not I.

Man, you guys can think that far ahead? Not this guy.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually plan a menu about a week out. The Superbowl is just outside of that week. So I think it makes sense to start giving it some thought or it will sneak up on us. It just occurred to me that dry January will be over then so I better start thinking about my cocktail menu as well.

Don't know if I'm going to have my smoker back yet so a bit hard to plan. A lot of the people we know go out to the bars and take advantage of all the food and drink specials and the party atmosphere. I'm the opposite i'd prefer to stay away from the bars. Cabs are impossible to get after the game etc.

One thing I can say for sure is wings! I've got plenty in the freezer. I will fire up the Weber kettle throw some smoke on them then into the deep fryer then tossed in some buffalo sauce and some in some Sweet Baby Ray's sweet chili sauce. As long as I got the deep fryer going probably do some O rings and some tater kegs.

Comment

Not a thing I don’t watch Fools Ball. Ma Ma say Fools Balls for the Devil

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do it ......

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          The devil Bobby

No plans yet. We don't know where we will be. Our son will be home, so that means no advance planning.

Comment

I'm going to be doing some vortex cluoinks. That's right you heard it first here....some cluoinks.

I shall reveal what that is at the time of their creation, but like you Attjack it will involve bacon wrapping !!!

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Bacon wrapped wings!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Again close but no cigar. It does involve a cluck and an oink obviously.

• Willard
            Willard commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to go to bed in the next few days so...would like to know.

What's the Superbowl?

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s this event where one group of rich guys beat the crap out of another group of rich guys the outcome of which makes another group of guys rich and generally means nothing.

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s actually a three hour avian appreciation event where folks watch the Superb Owl.

• smokinchuck2
            smokinchuck2 commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah troutman….best explanation yet..hahahaha

In support of the Saints, I'll be doing zebra...well done.

Comment

• TBoneJack
            TBoneJack commented
            Editing a comment
            Well done...yes...but cook 'em very slowly...they deserve it.

• AmosMoses01
            AmosMoses01 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm definitely not watching the game, too painful... In addition to zebra, Goodel sausage (to feed the gators, not fit for human consumption) seems to be the most common request from my football family. 😂

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Zebra! #ZebrasOfftheRibList

I will cook either ribs or a chuck roast, depending upon what the family votes for.

Comment

Brisket, more than likely.

Comment

As of now, a pot of some Texas Red, Wings in various flavors, and maybe a ham that I dont have room for in the freezer that needs to be cooked soon.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                Potkettleblack commented
                Editing a comment
                Legit story that I think the smoked ham we did for Annual Gift Day was better than the prime rib I made the week before. Wife was amazed by how good the ham was. Pretty close to the straight meathead-Lillie process.

• cashelton
                cashelton commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman if you find yourself in the North Texas area, come on!

With that thought in mind, regional meat-ups would be fun!

• cashelton
                cashelton commented
                Editing a comment
                Potkettleblack, thanks for Meathead-Lillie reminder, think that will be my process too.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here