Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for the superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the way the weather has been, I would be glad to cook anything outside!

Comment

Did a trial super bowl tray last night, ABTs both wrapped in bacon and MH's method (https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...poppers-recipe). I used the Boursin Cheese spread (https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-spread-recipe) in the peppers. I also made some scotch eggs. The egg yolks ended up being hard - I think the sausage layer was too thick, but both versions of the ABTs were excellent. I used regular jalepenos and some red cherry peppers. A few pics:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_173442.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	628974Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_173457.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	628975Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_200315 (1).jpg
Views:	179
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	628976
      This one little pepper is all that was left - my son was at the house, and he ate so fast that I didn't get any other pics.

Name:	20190127_210455.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	628977
      I sprinkled MMD on a couple of the eggs and peppers, and used some Blues Hog original sauce on a couple of the eggs. They were good, but I don't think the scotch eggs will make the menu. The peppers will. And the Conecuh smoked sausage in some form - it didn't make the pit last night, but it will this weekend.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        The sausage was a mixture of TN Pride and some sausage a local butcher makes.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I did hear a loud sucking sound as I scrolled through your pictures! I have one of those myself. No leftovers lasts 24 hours in the fridge.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great from here, Brother!
        That Tennessee Pride is my favourite!

Not cooking anything for Super Bowl. Not watching. Hate New England; only watched last year to see if Philly could beat them. I was a happy camper!! I don't have the time for, or interest in, watching the Super Bowl. Time for Brady and Bellicheat to go.

Comment

8 racks of Ribs
        General Tso's Wings ala Malcolm Reed
        Bacon Candy Chicken Bites ala Malcolm Reed
        ABTs
        Smoked Brats with peppers and onions
        Last edited by Old Glory; January 29, 2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Well, my menu is set. Bacon wrapped onion rings, beef sliders (grilled mustard style), buffalo cauliflower bites. Maybe another vegetable side too.

I might use that new Weber I bought for my sister.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Adding Asian style chicken lettuce cups to round out the menu.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a great cook, Brother!
            Glad to hear ya rescued that Weber, helluva deal, there!

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I can tell I'm going to miss it when it's gone!

Mrs. Hawker is making her Cincinnati chili and corn bread. I will do some dogs and Buffalo Drummies on the Weber.
          Let the fun begin!

Comment

Did some blasphemy ribs, doing some ABTs and some wings shortly. Got some veggies and blue cheese dressing, some cheese and some barrel pickles.

Comment

By request, tri tip. I was pretty unprepared, but I'm using a combo of BBBR and Memphis Dust, with a special ingredient. I'll tell everyone what it is if I'm successful. If not, I'll take this one to the grave...

And maybe beans...
              Last edited by Livermoron; February 3, 2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I have 4 slabs of ribs in the smoker as we speak!

Comment

Lets see.....have a pot of venison chili going, made up some smoked polish sausage a friend of mine makes, and have some bacon in the smoke for good measure. Nice little Sunday.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Quack quack
                    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      oink, oink!

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yum, yum!

Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice looking duck

Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ....as well as those ribs !!!

45 degrees today (it feels warmer). Pork Belly Bites in the Pit Barrel Cooker. PBB's in the PBC.

This is when I took them out to glaze them.

Name:	IMG_2001.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	631789

This is after I glazed them twice:

Name:	IMG_2002.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	631790

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yummy

Been down on my luck for the past 2 weeks. I reckon my better half(now ex) fiancé decided 2 weeks ago that she has had enough. She told me she was moving out, and was gonna live on her own. She already has another place that she got last week and left me high and dry. Guess she doesn’t understand the passion I have for smoking and cooking and the company I just started. We just grew apart. Whish she would of communicated her feelings to me.
                    So the last 2 weeks besides working I’ve been looking for another place to live that will accept my two trailers (cooker) and my food trailer. Not easy. Along with all my furniture. So I’ve been going out to storage and loading it up along with my daily job.
                    So I don’t have time to cook let alone watch the game.
                    My motto "life is like a piece of charcoal ya never know how consistent it’s gonna burn"

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry to hear of yer troubles, Brother...

Please, do lemme know I can help, in any way.

Keep yer chin up, an soldier on...

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hate to hear you are going through troubled times. You can certainly lean on us here at AR.

• Steve R.
                      Steve R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry to hear about this. I guess the silver lining is this happened when she was your fiance and not your wife. Hang in there, brother.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here