Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for the superbowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothingi wouldn’t cook for any other Sunday.

Comment

What is this Sooper Bole you speak of? It is held on a Sunday so there must be some sort of worship involved. If only we had television service we would likely join in the sermon.

Comment

Today's been my "test kitchen" day for Super Bowl recipes. I have Clint Cantwell's Smoked Miso Wings marinating today and they'll go on tomorrow. This afternoon I just finished testing a bacon cheeseburger fatty recipe. I think it turned out good but it cooked a little faster than expected and I let it get past temp. It might be what we bring to the SB party, unless the wings win.

Attached Files

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm anxious to hear about the miso wings--they're on my radar as well. Please do let us know how you liked them.

I was jus plannin on doin a whole buncha food, but am certainly open to constructive suggestions...
        Probly won't be watchin Th 'Soup Bowl', or whatever th it's called, but I still gotta eat...

Comment

I, sadly and with great contempt and, well, remaining anger, will not be cooking #WhoDatRibs for the #SaintlessSuperBowl.

Who thinks there is a conspiracy with how the refs didn't make that call?

Comment

• Buck Flicks
            Buck Flicks commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt there is a conspiracy, but given how the NFL has been salivating for a team in Los Angeles despite the fact that the city has proven that it doesn't support teams very well... I can see how one might exist. Regardless, it was a blatantly horrible call and I'm not sure which is more unforgivable: the incompetence required for that to be an honest mistake, or the corruption required for that to be an intentional non-call.

I feel like the Saints would have won that game last night.

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you're right Buck, #GoSaints would be Super Bowl Champs today!

I am going to smoke 10lbs of wings and fry them to finish

Comment

Soup or bowl? I’m thinking soup.

Comment

Something with lamb, I'm guessing.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	lamb4 .jpg
Views:	199
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	628450
              Little butterbal!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Willy
                Willy commented
                Editing a comment
                That's one big lamb! I'm thinkin' mutton?

• Dick Anderson
                Dick Anderson commented
                Editing a comment
                Born last February! We did eight, and she was the biggest.

Hosting a small party here at my place. Have a 15 pound packer brisket and about 10 lbs of wings!

Comment

12 pack of beer from the store and a sandwich. Im thankfully going to be watching at home with my wife and no company this year.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wonder why? Go Giants!

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well played sir

Willy The miso wings came out with delicious flavor but tough skin. I might make them for the big game next weekend but I’ll up the temp to 300.
                Attached Files

Comment

How about Zebra Steaks?

Comment

This is a nightmare scenario Super Bowl as far as teams go. Living in Atlanta and being a Falcons season ticket holder, seeing the Patriots play in an SB here is extremely hard to stomach. However, I am originally from St. Louis, so my disdain for the Rams since they moved and ripped the hearts out of my home town cannot be overstated.

So, out of my pure hatred for the Rams, I will be doing a smoke/braised lamb shoulder with Kentucky black bbq sauce and grilled leg of lamb gyros....and lots of drink....lots. Go Patriots....I guess. (I just puked a little as I typed that).

Comment

• Texas Larry
                      Texas Larry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As a former St. Louisans I share your feelings about the Rams. Just can’t bring myself to root for the Pats. Actually, for us it’s just an excuse to get together and eat. Nobody watches the game🤣.

30 day wet-aged 15 pound Costco USDA Prime packer brisket. Salt and pepper. Hot and fast.

And maybe some ABT’s

Comment

Big pile o’ wings for our contribution to the party. —some spicy bbq and some smoked miso wings. Gonna use the vortex on the kettle. I don’t have a dog in this hunt though, except whoever might defeat the Pats.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here