Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Cook of 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done.

Comment

Dinner is over and the dishes done. Another delicious cook .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190101_181849.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	617118

Name:	IMG_20190101_182737.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	617119

Comment

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice briskie !!!

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous. Please share technique!

Did 2 slabs St. Louis Ribs and smoked white beans with Ham Hocks. Started at 0530 this morning. Was cold 10 degrees Fahrenheit warmed up to a balmy 14 during cook with the wind blowing at 25 mph. Was cold, however, food was worth it.

Comment

Craigar Here is my finished result. Used 1/2 teaspoon of some volcano pepper powder rub from the secret Santa thing and it was excellent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	494F4FB1-471A-4B8C-8170-203C393F06FB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.91 MB ID:	617167

Name:	270AC9D3-55EF-4277-B23D-B0BA06F9BC37.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	617169

02E0E484-05CE-4E65-8951-65C66FF1430A.jpeg
        Last edited by SmokeyGator; January 1, 2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Wife made curry chicken tonight. Not exactly picture worthy really, but it sure tasted mighty good. I added some big bad beef rub to it to give it a little extra kick, and it worked wonderfully.

I do have some beef back ribs for later this week, which will be my first outdoor cook of the year.

Comment

Pizza
            Attached Files

Comment

Name:	F687C3AE-19AB-4137-813A-E0B7124F5140.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	617231
              The only picture I took was while starting the fires this morning about 6:30. The small one for hot smoke of a turkey breast-settled in about 330 deg. The larger one for traditional low and slow 225 deg brisket smoke of a sous vide choice point. We celebrated Christmas at my house with our kids and grandkids today and that seemed more important than food pics. Happy new year to all in the pit!

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Cooking for a small army ??? Nice work !!!

• Oakgrovebacon
                Oakgrovebacon commented
                Editing a comment
                I just needed 2 heat set-ups. I like burning sticks, and those cookers are kind of stuck in the backyard from lots of rain and muddy conditions. If it freezes some this winter I will move them to the barn for proper storage. Each one just had 1 pc of protein in it. Thanks Troutman!

Threw four chucks (3-3 1/2 lbs each) on the GMG Daniel Boone on New Years Day. Two of them for pulled beef and two of them for burnt ends. Forgot to take pics, so you'll have to take me at my word when I say it all looked and tasted delicious!

Comment

Pork loin on the gasser rotisserie. Actually came out really good ....

Name:	pork loin 01.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	617495

Comment

The first cook of 2019 was taking my Bacon Sourdough and making french toast for NYD Brunch. I also baked up some bacon in the oven (and accidentally did this on a dish rack that I had believed had oven safe silicone, which was an error with no real consequence, other than I ruined the dish rack that I'd been using as a trivet, cooling rack and sous vide spacer. Whoops). The first grill cook will either be finishing some thick NY Steaks that I cooked sous vide last year (ha!), or some boneless chuck short ribs that have been in the sous vide since last year (HAHA). I couldn't tell you what my first real smoke from raw will be, as that's likely months in the future. It's not super cold out, but it's been kind of wet, and if I'm honest, I'd prefer 10* (inherently dry) to a wet 35* with a 10-20 mph wind... if I'm completely honest, that wintry mix weather is my least favorite weather of them all, and it seems like we're getting a lot of it this week. like ribeyeguy, the first real full outdoor cook might not be until April.

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've lived in Chicago and now Houston and you're right, I'll take 15* and dry over 35* and wet any day. Just goes to your bones when it's wet and cold.

No pics and late to the thread since I just saw it, but first cook of ‘19 was last night - spatchcocked chicken in the Pit Barrel. Pulled it at 158, watched it come up to 160, poked it with the Thermo Pop to verify - perfect - and when I pulled the Pop back out of the breast, yummy chicken juice GEYSERED out of the hole like a water fountain! :-D

Noah at PBC isn’t lying when he says the Pit Barrel is a chicken cooking MACHINE!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here