Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reccomend a good cooking program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Another Cooking Show on YouTube.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that's a cool show.

Malcolm Reed's How To BBQ Right YouTube channel is the one that I most often frequent. I also like Harry Soo's Slap Yo Daddy BBQ channel & I took his BBQ class last year as a birthday present to myself.

Comment

I would also suggest Pepin's book - "the new complete techniques".

Comment

Anybody watched "salt fat acid heat" yet. I haven't but see its available on Prime.

I always liked Batali's show, but don't run across it much anymore.

Comment

• parkerj2
          parkerj2 commented
          Editing a comment
          TBH don't waste your time with the show. ZERO instruction. the Book, however....amazing. learned a lot. helps you leave recipes behind and cook yourself.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Started watching and reading.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Loved Fat. Liked Salt. Enjoyed Acid. They lost me in Heat. Between the butcher’s nonsense and the steak at Chez Panisse, I was out, though the Tahdig was interesting.

We cut the cord several years ago and have either been streaming content via Roku or using an antenna (and DVR that works with it) for everything we watch these days.

Using the antenna, we have two PBS/CreateTV stations here in the Denver area on which virtually every chef mentioned in this thread can still be watched (and thanks to the antenna DVR, whenever we want). Can't say that I miss either cable or satellite at all.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, same here. I bought one of those Roku Ultras recently and really like it. The PBS app gives you access to a lot of previous content without an OTA DVR. If you haven't already spend a few searching through the cooking channels and add them to your favorites. AmazingRibs should have one someday.

The only thing keeping cable alive is live sports.

Barefoot COntessa ---but then again I have a little crush on Ina G

Comment

I’m enjoying Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke, as much for his MCS inducing array of cookers as his occasionally robotic delivery. Wife seems to like his very nonsense free approach.

A thing I’ve picked up from Steve is that you really don’t have to do anything in one set way to get a good result. I dunno that I didn’t know that before, but maybe I’d forgotten it over the years. Sure, reverse sear is the best. But straight turn and burn works well, as does a traditional front sear. Steve does a lot of things differently and still shows great results. I’m good with that.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I like his shows too and I agree for instance you can make a hell of a chicken on a rotisserie as well as a kettle or kamado or what have you. In regard to the reverse sear, I like it on a BBQ but no way am I going to do that with a thick steak indoors on a cast iron pan. I'm going to sear the hell out of it and then drop it into a hot oven.

If you like creative dishes cooked outdoors BBQ Pit Boys on Youtube is pretty good. Those guys crack me up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here