Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reccomend a good cooking program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reccomend a good cooking program

I have a Roku Ultra and there are channels you can install. I've been enjoying the American Test Kitchen channel. I don't know if you can access this content in other ways but I imagine you can. This type of show is what the Food Network should cater to but doesn't. What cooking show do you recommend?

BBQ Pit Boys on YouTube

Comment

Yea I’m a YouTube junkie as well. Tons of guys cookin’ there, great place to get inspiration.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed.

Jacque Pepin, Kent Rollins &Rick Bayless for openers & quite a cross section.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve learned more from Mr Master Chef Pepin than all others combined, the man is a cooking god.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure, Pepin. I still remember the episode where he's cooking with Julia Child, and sneaking parsley into the dish behind her back. Hilarious!

Check out Jurassic Car Park.

Comment

Thanks for some great ideas...love learning new things from new people!

Comment

I’m a big fan of Chef John with Foodwishes. He has a blog and YouTube channel. He teaches as
          much technique as he does recipes. He’s a former culinary school instructor.

Comment

Serious Eats.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              One of my favorite food websites.
              Last edited by Attjack; December 31, 2018, 11:51 AM.

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              SeriousEats is almost my goto when I'm looking for info. Not that AR is lacking!

If you enjoyed Americas Test Kitchen, check out Milk Street Kitchen. Christopher Kimball left the first to create the latter and its really good. All of the season 1 shows can be found on ROKU either through YouTube or elsewhere.

If you like Grilling and BBQ channels, check out How to BBQ Right with Malcom Reed and PitMasterX. Both really good.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Milk Street Kitchen sounds good. I definitely enjoy and learn a lot from How to BBQ Right. I'll check out PitMasterX.

• (Arrow)
              (Arrow) commented
              Editing a comment
              Milk Street is really solid. They have a great podcast too, but the TV Episodes are very America's Test Kitchen "like", which makes sense since it's CK's new venture.

Gordon Ramsey Cookery Course is pretty good. Not outdoor cooking but good fundamentals on how to use a fry pan, cut and chop etc. and good recipes. I watch it on Amazon Prime if you get it on Roku or not I don't know.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a huge fan.

• Frozen Smoke
              Frozen Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              I hate his Hells Kitchen show but there is some good info in his cookery course.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool, I think I watched it one time while YouTubing. Definitely can't put up with reality shows in general. But I'll give his cooking show another shot.

I actually really like Big Lew's BBQ...he's not a professional, doesn't do competitions or anything but he does take BBQ pretty seriously and really enjoys what he does. Uses a variety of methods (barrel style and others) and does a great job. As I say he's not mega high end, but I feel like most of the people on this board (myself included) are generally just enthusiasts who aren't making a living doing it, but at the same time like to get into the nitty gritty sometimes and make really great food. He's of that same stripe, and has some great cooks and reviews of various pieces of gear, and different methods of cooking. Fun to watch and he gets some great results.

Comment

" Good Eats" for sure. I love the technical aspect that Alton Brown brings to the table. He makes it fun and certainly entertaining. Sometimes I disagree with him and my wife is quick to challenge me on how could I disagree with A. B.

Comment

Good Eats, Rick Bayless Mexico One Plate At A Time, Milk Street and Chef Steps all get votes from me. Jacques Pepin was great as well.

Comment

Thanks, Attjack for the post and everybody else for the responses. Now I have a whole list of places to check out! I imagine hours and hours of fun...

Comment

Jacques Pepin without and With Julia Child. Pepin is IMPRESSIVE and a great teacher. Agree with Rick Bayless too. Gordon Ramsay posts videos on you tube.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here