Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a rotisserie channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a rotisserie channel?

Or at least give me some ideas on what I should cook on it when I receive mine. Obviously chicken comes to mind. Pineapple, prime rib, pork ribs I guess. What about fish is it worth doing on a rotisserie? What do you like to use yours for?
    Last edited by Attjack; December 28, 2018, 01:31 AM.

Tacos Al Pastore could be great on it.

Comment

You can cook a great turkey on one. Butts should also work very well.

Comment

I've done Butts, roasts and loins. Turkey c/b next. New Year's Day. I'm all for spinning up a rotisserie channel. Maybe the leadership will agree.

Comment

Rotisserie is the bomb! I second the motion for a separate channel.

Comment

A separate channel? I don’t know. I mean all we’ll be talkin about is that something goes around, comes around.

Comment

Chicken, turkey, prime rib, pork butt, round roasts are all great on the rotisserie. If I had a basket set up, I’d do fish too

Love watching it go round and round ....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Certainly, a peaceful (!!!!!), an mezmerizin way to enjoy one's ceegar, an bevvie of choice!

I've only done turkey with mine (I've had it for more than 10 years). It's produced great results though.

Comment

I tried to rotiss a 20lb whole ham on my XL BGE on Christmas but it was too large for the JoeTiserrie.

Comment

This post just makes me want to break into song ......

Comment

I'm going to play the antagonist here. When you cook something on the rotisserie, let's say a chicken, it goes into the chicken cooking/recipe channel. Same with anything else you cook on one. It's about the item you're cooking not the method of cooking it. Next someone will want a stick burner channel and then a kettle channel or a grilling on a Santa Maria channel.

I say leave it alone, concentrate on the product not the packaging.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Plus 1 on the Santa Maria channel! Me and tbob4 are all over it.

Problem with a rotisserie channel is the potential for confusing overlap between poultry, beef, lamb, etc sub-channels. I think it's best to keep it in the main meat's sub-channel.

Comment

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I we could cross post between channels that would be nice. That way people could find the content they're after regardless of how they categorize the subject.

That argument says that we should get rid of the cookers and fuels category and the accessories category because people might get confused whether you are talking about beef steak or sous vide.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't follow the logic here. And, here's a classic case of can't please everyone. But alas I am not a dictator, my way is not always right. I am discussing this with the other mods, so stay tuned to the final verdict.

• ecowper
                      ecowper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee your argument is that people would get confused by overlap between poultry, for example, and rotisserie. But how is that any different than beef and sous vide channels? Which already exists and could already be confusing. Using this argument, there should only be the actual food channels, and no grills or accessories channels.

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gotcha, you're right. Very valid point!

A rotisserie channel would only prompt more great pictures of succulent meats, which would only make me want to buy a rotisserie. Next thing you know my wife would say, "Honey, what's a Jotisserie and why is there one on our credit card?"

Comment

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly, Chuck in Charlotte

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So what’s to stop you from posting them anyway in their proper meat sub channel category??

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing, Troutman it just depends on how you think about.

Huskee (and the other moderators) ..... I have seen a fair number of questions being posted about rotisserie Q .... and I know there's a significant number of us that do rotisserie Q as well .... I know it's not as new and exciting as Sous-Vide, though.

However, rotisserie bbq is actually one of the oldest methods of cooking meat that there is. It seems that after 30,000 years of doing it, we can safely say that rotisserie is not a fad ;-)

Perhaps those are good arguments in favor of a rotisserie sub-channel :-)

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree, I see the light!!

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sous vide isn’t live fire cooking which is why it deserves its own sub channel. Rotisserie cooking is a subset of grilling. Present it as such.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here