Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry brine while defrost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry brine while defrost??

whats protocol for dry brine on a meat that’s frozen? I always worry if I take 24+ hours to defrost properly in the fridge, I can then let the meat sit another 12-24 in the fridge while it’s brining. I worry it’ll go bad.

hows everyone handle doing brine on a frozen roast?
    thanks!

Going 48 hours in the refrigerator won't hurt the meat. I don't see why you couldn't dry brine at the same time though. It takes a while for the meat to absorb salt, so you should be OK.

Anyone know why this wouldn't work?

Comment

No worries keeping thawed meat in the fridge a couple days. Have you tried dry brining *before* you freeze?

Comment

I salt vacuum pack freeze all the time. I pulled a pork butt out of the freezer set out couple of hrs salted and covered with Aluminum foil put in the refrigerator will rub in the morning and onto the grill low and slow till 180 internal pull cube resmoke with sweet baby Rays chipotle till 200 Ish it will be Phenomenal

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here