Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked pork chops.
    Red Wattle from HeritageFoodsUSA.com. Recession Special they called it during the recession.
    Brined in Blonder Brine.
    Rubbed with 3/4 tsp of Memphis Dust
    Smoked at 225* with Maple, then Cherry.
    Glazed with grade B maple, tabasco and soy mix.
    taken off at 145-150*.

I had made something similar last year, but with less temperature consistency, so they got to 175-180 last time. Wife said then, best chops ever. Last night, wife said these were clearly the best chops ever and that she didn't know chops could be this good.

Comment

Nice cook Potkettleblack ...

Happy wife, happy life.👍

Comment

Today's lunch. I wanted tacos but I didn't have the spices and didn't want to take the time to mix them from scratch. I did have lots of Cajun seasoning though and decided Cajun tacos are good enough for me.👍
        Attached Files

Comment

The Cook: Grilled Turkey Breast Roast DATE: June 6, 2016
          PREPARATION: Thawed for 48 hours. Light coat of EVO for adhesion and then rubbed generously with Plowboys Yardbird Rub. Rough chopped some sweet potatoes, vidalias, and red onion spread them around the turkey. Added 2TBS Kerry's Gold Butter and 2TBS Bacon grease on the onions and taters and then sprinkled them with BBBR.
          TARGET TEMPERATURE: 350ish FUEL & SMOKE: Cowboy Lump Charcoal and a dozen KBB
          Time Grate Temperature Meat Temperature Actions
          4 pm 360 36 TV .5 BV .75
          4:22 342 36
          5:03 342 77
          5:18 352 104
          5:33 332 126 Temp falling added unlit lump
          5:45 374 140
          6:08 381 163
          6:19 374 171 Pulled off the grill.
          Finishing & Serving: NADA Finished Product: Turkey was juicy, taters and onions were a tad peppery.
          Next Time: Make sure the turkey is fully defrosted!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	177309

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great! martybartram

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! The leftover turkey went on the slicer for sandwich meat

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great and I'm hungry again! Well done!

Beats eating out!!

Comment

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it does!

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            If I could get you to cook for me I'd never go out to dinner... Great cook!

Howdy Meathead Maniacs!
          So I've been neglecting posting cooks as of late and I'm fixing that this evening.
          This is just a simple little cook of breaded chicken breasts, a nice green salad, and an avocado salad made by a friend. She thinks I need some care taking seeing as how I'm a bachelor. I don't tell her otherwise. She's been her many times for parties that I've thrown and she still brings me food.

Here is the Marketing shot:

Here is the money shot:

The chicken breasts were most and juicy and the avocado salad was wonderful. Pete, my salt pig that was a gift from a dear friend, approves. He's not too happy with me when I do butts or pork ribs!
          The breading was really simple: I packet of powdered Spicy Ranch Dressing mixed into Panko breadcrumbs that had been salted and peppered. The breasts were soaked for 30 minutes in buttermilk and then dredged in the breadcrumbs. I personally think it needed more salt, but nobody complained.

That's it and thanks for looking in.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd feel so guilty with Pete watching me while I eat ribs and pulled pork. Kinda like the Chick-fil-A Cows when I eat a burger...

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            Great presentation

• JeffJ
            JeffJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Great presentation.

Eating light again. Shrimp with avocado, pickled watermelon rind, cherry tomatoes, celery, carrots, red bell pepper and compressed watermelon.

Name:	shrimp-plate.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	177578

Comment

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great! You just reminded me I have pickled watermelon rind put up in the cabinet! Thanks! I had to look up compressed watermelon-that is very interesting.

A simple but delicious dinner tonight. My work kicked into high gear this week so I needed a quick meal. Eggs with a light coating of coarse grind black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (all from Penzeys) with an Italian sausage I cooked last night to start seasoning my Grill Grates.

Name:	IMG_6315.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	177698

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great! I seasoned my GrillGrates with Steakhouse Steakburgers.👍

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Burgers in the next day or two Breadhead!

• Mickeylou5
            Mickeylou5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good! If you really want to kick them up a notch try Adler smoked paprika from Aldersmoked.com. It is expensive and very addicting. I can't live without it. I bought it at Pikes market when in Seattle last year and have not been without it since. One smell and you will be hooked.

Dry brining Steelhead (24hrs) Trout for Cookshack smoker with cherry wood for smoke in morning

Comment

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            Freshly caught? he asked with a twinge of jealousy in his voice

• Mickeylou5
            Mickeylou5 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am using the juniper laced hot smoked Salmon recipe on my Steelhead tomorrow. From Webers Smoked cookbook. Cooking in my Smoke vault.

Comment

This is just another simple cook ... NY Strips I found on sale at Sam's Club.

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	177783

The aftermath ...

Name:	IMG_1304.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	177784

These were MONSTROUS ... but lunch tomorrow will certainly be sumptuous!

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great CeramicChef ! Do I spy a salt grinder on your table? If so, what brand and how do you like it? The ones I have had corrode quickly. I'd love to have o e that really works and lasts.

• CeramicChef
              CeramicChef commented
              Editing a comment
              richinlbrg - you have sharp eyes. That's an S&P mill set by Oxo. Got it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Good price and Oxo quality. Can't be beat! I'd give it 3 thumbs up if I had that many.

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, CeramicChef !! Greatly appreciated. We'll be picking up a set!

Thee hours to smoke, forming pellicle layer, fresh cracked pepper. Click image for larger version

Name:	20160608_082731.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	177889

Comment

Anyone want some fresh smoked Steelhead? I can go fishing now, work for day is over. ​

Comment

Dinner last night was burgers. First time I have made them sous vide. I didn't pre-season them at all and they were in the bath at 130F for about 2.5 hours, then seared with a torch. They came out great. Served on homemade whole wheat buns with sesame seeds, lettuce, pickles and homemade thousand island dressing.

Name:	sv-burger.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	178002

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice...👍 I like your WW buns! I've been making up a dozen Steakhouse Steakburger patties at a time and putting them in SV bags and putting them In the freezer. That way I can take one out and drop it in the hot tub right out of the freezer. Then I sear in my cast iron skillet. Burgers on demand!

Huli Huli Chicken on Kamado Joe!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here