Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made pizza on the grill for the first tonight tonight!

Followed these recipes:Heated the cast-iron griddle to just over 400, with coals around the perimeter of the grill and just a few directly beneath. Took about 20 minutes to get the amber crust with a few spots of black. Overall it was delicious and would highly recommend!

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice setup. Great-looking pizza. Looks like your best friend there is looking for a dropped piece of salami.

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice one! That sauce recipe is really great, and your 'za looks spot on. Gotta love backyard sessions with the Q, an adult beverage and the pooch.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking pizza! Love that grill!

Since I'm doing the brisket tomorrow, wanted to go with seafood. Shrimp were on sale, so a little marinade and they hit the grill.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	shrimp2.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	172929

Name:	shrimp1.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	172930

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful. I want to reach through the monitor,grab one of those shrimpies, and pop it in my mouth.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice grill...😳👍

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Badass rig. I've never really seen one in action before this pic.

In keeping with my summer goal. I cooked a whole fryer chicken last night on the Keg. I used some Green egg lump and oak splits. I would say that our average running temp was about 400 F. I was having some yo-yoing going on with the temps between 375 and 420. It was a windy day on the plains, so I'm guessing that was the real cause of that problem. I dusted the skin with baking soda and salt (50/50) the nigh before and let it rest in the fridge, uncovered, overnight. For the rub I used Mea t church's Honey Hog Rub. That stuff is like crack for anyone that is interested. I put it on everything. With about 1/2 hr left in the cook I glazed the outside with a 50/50 mixture of Blues Hog Red Sauce and Black Cherry Rib Candy. Man o Man was the a gorgeous sight when I opened that lid. The wings and drummies has this beautiful sheen that was tips with black charring. The color was outstanding.
    All in All, I am really happy to be improving my chicken game so far. Its like a whole new venture into BBQ. I don't know why it took me so long to work on chicken. But I am glad I am now. It was a great night; great company, great food and a wonderful view.
    I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Name:	IMG_0439.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	172983 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	172984

Name:	IMG_0443.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	172985

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Row crops, never had a chance to plant any, other than using a John Deere 8300 with 7.5" spacing.

Oh yeah dat burd luk gud 2.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 28, 2016, 10:07 AM.

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker - that's one seriously droolicious yard bird on that grate! I'm willing to bet that was some kind of tasty.

Disney style turkey legs, a la Meathead! I made six, had to grab this pic before they all disappeared. My wife said, "That smells so farging good, can I eat it right now?" 😎

Comment

Cooked Pork tenderloin and some drumsticks I picked up on a whim yesterday. Rub for the tenderloin is Franklin's evolving rub recipe for pork ribs. Rub for the drumsticks is PBC's All Purpose Rub. Let them sit in the fridge for about 4-5 hrs with the rub on. Got the kettle holding at about 225-250 and put them on. When the tenderloins got to 115, the drumsticks had reached about 135, so I set them all on the sear. I dumped more hot charcoal on the sear side first and made the mistake of stepping away and blackened the outside of the tenderloin too much. Was still perfect and juicy inside, and the drumsticks came out perfectly since I set them above the edge of coals. I always get too caught up when I get the meat off the grill to take pictures of the final product. I learned some lessons about being more careful during the sear, but still had a good meal.

Comment

Reverse sear cote de boeuf with porcini rub on the weber gas grill last night.

Dry brined a 2 lb rib roast (1 bone) for about 4 hours. Coat with the porcini rub and on the grill
        with indirect heat. Ran at about 250 F for just over 1 hour to bring the meat to 120 F.

Name:	IMG_20160527_192654592.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	173080

Reverse sear on the inverted grill grates for ~2 minutes/side.

Sliced up and served with twice-baked potatoes. Tasty.

Last edited by theroc; May 28, 2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Today's cook took a few turns. I picked up a few slabs of ribs and a chuck roast to cook today, and eat tomorrow while getting my race fix Craigar will understand. Ended up smoking 3 slabs, a chuck, and some drums. The durango never broke a sweat. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Comment

• edible hen
            edible hen commented
            Editing a comment
            I couldn't get all the pics to post. Will try later.

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful! I love some drumsticks and chuck roast!

Did a Texas style smoked chuckies (salt & pepper) only. The results was fantastic. Lovely peppery flavor. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	173266 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001 (2).JPG
Views:	316
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	173265

Comment

SnS....Amazing Bone in Pork Roast, reverse sear, homemade dumplings, spinach from the garden.

Name:	IMG_9839.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	173307 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9846.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	173306 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9843.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	173305 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9857.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	173304
            Last edited by troymeister; May 29, 2016, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edible hen View Post
              Today's cook took a few turns. I picked up a few slabs of ribs and a chuck roast to cook today, and eat tomorrow while getting my race fix Guest will understand. Ended up smoking 3 slabs, a chuck, and some drums. The durango never broke a sweat. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
              THE best day of the year for a race fan! Enjoy!!!

Comment

Grilled Calamari Salad with arugula, roasted yellow peppers, gorgonzola, homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

Name:	IMG_9835.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	173356 .
                Last edited by troymeister; May 29, 2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Just got back from Saskatoon... AGAIN... What's the first thing I cook? Steak of course. Filet Mignon, on sale to boot!

Coated with nothing but salt and front seared.

Name:	IMG_2151.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	173364

This is about half-way through the sear phase of the cook

Name:	IMG_2155.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	173365

Final result

Name:	IMG_2158.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	173363

Comment

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome home, AGAIN, David Parrish !

Just curious, why the front sear? They look STUPENDIOUS!

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks it's good to be home. I prefer steak front seared. It might be more correct to say I do a reverse reverse sear, though, since the indirect side of the Slow 'N Sear allows you to slowly bring the steak to temp with no radiant heat to worry about once the searing is done.

• troymeister
                  troymeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That front sear looks so awesome. The beauty of the SnS is it is easier to do either. Especially with steak. As I have said...Elegant tool.

Two items ready for their rub. These are from a heritage hog.

The one on the right was labeled pork tenderloin. The one on the left was labeled pork loin roast, but with the marbelling, I am am not so sure.

The tenderloin just got salt and pepper, as #1 was not home to make her marinade. I'm thinking the "mystery" cut will be good pulled with all that fat. Coated with my pork rub.

If anyone has any thoughts about the best way to cook the one on the left, I am open to all suggestions!
                Attached Files

Comment

• bbqoaf
                  bbqoaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with your assesment. Whatever the left one is, it's full of fat and connective tissue so I would treat it like a shoulder and go low and slow till 203 or so and go for pulled pork.

Memorial day weekend baby back ribs two ways (Char siu and LMR):

Name:	csribs2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	173463

Name:	lmr6.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	173464

Comment

• MBMorgan
                  MBMorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! ... and Nice!

• bbqoaf
                  bbqoaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love the char siu ribs, always a great option.

At the stall, decided to wrap (153*F). Looking good to me so far.
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here